Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

Solved!
Highlighted

Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

Casual Listener

We already know about the scandalous lack of a sorting option in the Spotify app. But I had a work around for this, which was to sort the songs in the Spotify app for OS X, cut them all out with CMD+X and then paste them again with CMD+V.

In the latest release, it's no longer possible to paste them. The cutting worked fine, but I couldn't paste the songs back into the playlist. Now I emptied an entire playlist, without the possibility to add the songs back.

It's absolutely beyond me, why Spotify would remove this feature, but keep the cutting tracks out. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Pasting song links in playlist no longer works (Are you kidding me?!)

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello @MarianneWBow and welcome to the community.

Don't worry the feature is always there and have just been extended 🙂

in order :
1 - right click playlist name or song name or album name.
2 - select "share"
3 - it opens a small pop-up with icons

share.jpg

4 - click what you want use :
- URI = copy Spotify URI
- Copy Link to Clipboard = Copy Spotify Link
- </> = copy embed code
- Other icons are explicit for guiding you where sharing (the Spotify Link).
5 - When you have selected what you want, just "paste it" where you want it to, as you were doing before.

6 - When you are done : if you got a blue message at the top of the app, close it and if you still see the icons just left click in any empty space to remove it.

spotify:track:7szpKYPzy8CbS9cIs2VeRg

Hope that will help 🙂

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@MarianneWBow

Nothing to feel embarrassed for.

We are there to help when it needs 🙂

Keep listening and listening and listening 🙂

SoundofusRock Star 18

25 Replies
Highlighted

Music Fan

I have the same problem on Windows desktop.  I used to copy the tracks into an outside randomizing function, then paste the random tracks back into Spotify.  In the current version, I've tried both the "copy track link" and the "copy Spotify URL," but I can't get either one to produce information that will paste tracks back into Spotify.

Highlighted

Same problem on Windows, can not find a workaround as of yet and it is very dissapointing
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I was in contact with support about this and they said it should be working. Of course, it's absurd for me to contact support about a problem I'm having with the workaround for ANOTHER problem with the software, but nonetheless: They claim it's suppose to work, and we never really got down to what could be wrong.

Sometimes it works for me, most of the times not. There is one playlist that it never works with. Even if I try to paste all those songs into a new playlist. But then there are other playlists, with more songs, that I can copy and paste if I'd like it — Sometimes. So obviously this is a bug, not a decision from Spotify to take the feature out.

Highlighted

Music Fan

mrcolonist, thanks for looking into this and contacting support.  My tests indicate this is still not working.  I am assuming the function to use is "copy Spotify URI," as the "copy track link" gives you a link that opens Spotify in a browser

Using "copy Spotify URI," the only way I could get the links to paste back into a playlist is if I put them in Notepad and do NOTHING to them.  If I do anything at all, merely change the position of a song, then nothing pastes back.

I also tried what I used to to with most of my playlists -- copied the links into the "random.org" list randomizer.  After randomizing, these do not paste back as they always used to.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Update -- this is almost fixed.  I still have trouble if the Playlist contains any local tracks.  In my short initial testing, it appears to be working now for non-local tracks.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Agreed - does not work for local tracks. The format I am trying to paste is like

spotify:local:Aretha+Franklin:Bring+It+on+Home%3A+Black+America+Sings+Sam+Cooke:Good+Times:127

or 

http://open.spotify.com/local/Aretha%20Franklin/Bring%20It%20on%20Home%3A%20Black%20America%20Sings%...

Neither format works now. Both formats used to work.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
There is no 'right click' option to paste tracks after cleaning up duplicates, but the keyboard shortcut for paste (Ctrl+V) worked in the Windows desktop app.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I share my playlists on various sites (ie: forum role playing sites) but suddenly I cannot get them and it tells me it saves it on my clipboard. Seriously? Why was this feature ended. I have been a customer of Spotify for years and now it's no longer available?

You guy must not need my money cause I can make playlists on youtube for free. Yes they have commecials but I can live with that. And I'll keep my $9.99 a month/$119.00 a year to myself.

Thanks for nothing, Spoitify! 😞

Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hello @MarianneWBow and welcome to the community.

Don't worry the feature is always there and have just been extended 🙂

in order :
1 - right click playlist name or song name or album name.
2 - select "share"
3 - it opens a small pop-up with icons

share.jpg

4 - click what you want use :
- URI = copy Spotify URI
- Copy Link to Clipboard = Copy Spotify Link
- </> = copy embed code
- Other icons are explicit for guiding you where sharing (the Spotify Link).
5 - When you have selected what you want, just "paste it" where you want it to, as you were doing before.

6 - When you are done : if you got a blue message at the top of the app, close it and if you still see the icons just left click in any empty space to remove it.

spotify:track:7szpKYPzy8CbS9cIs2VeRg

Hope that will help 🙂

SoundofusRock Star 18

SUGGESTED POSTS