Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Missing "Custom Order" Option

Playlists Missing "Custom Order" Option

In the new re-design (both Mac app and Web app) it is missing the "Custom Order" option when viewing playlists and it will not allow me to rearrange playlists and playlist folders. 

It shows a "Creator" option, which seems redundant, I am the creator and it is my custom order, but they are completely out of order when this option is selected. 

It will allow me to rearrange playlists within a folder if I do the new "open" playlist folder thing and then from there select the "Custom Order" option. But if I just open them the old fashion way, like a drop down menu, it still won't let me rearrange playlists or folders. 

Please tell me this is just a temporary bug with the new design that they are aware of and still working on, or it is something in the settings I can change that will fix this. It really makes you wanna blow your f@&*% brains out dealing with stuff like this, three years ago they completely broke the add to playlist button and refuse to fix it and don't even seem to think it is a problem, and I just have a terrible feeling they think this will be a good idea also, to say f-you to all their customers and not allow use to arrange playlists ourselves anymore.

11 Replies

Hi @bigunzzz

I'm not sure if you're seeing this problem with a playlist itself or with the new sidebar. I will provide support for the sidebar.

Please let me know if you're experiencing a problem other than the one I am highlighting here.

1. Set the Filter to Playlists.
  2. Set the sort order to Custom order.
kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1683032248961.png

You should now be able to drag & drop playlists outside of your folders as well as change their order.

Please click here for more information.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Yes, the "Custom order" option does not appear unless I open a playlist folder.

...and even then every time I re-open playlist folders it will have changed the setting from custom to something else again. Every. Single. Time. 

...and now they broke it on iPad also. This is seriously **bleep** up Spotify. Why are you doing this to us?

The "custom order" sort option completely disappeared for me and I can no longer rearrange the order of my playlists how I'd like to.

Hey folks!

Could you please try the following:

1. On desktop, in the left "Your Library" sidebar, click on the "Playlists" filter at the top.
  2. Then, in the sort options drop down menu select "Custom Order". You will then see your previous playlist order and be able to move your playlists and folders like before.
  3. Your currently chosen filters and sort options will be remembered across restarts of the desktop app.
    - Source: this thread, written by @MattSuda

Thank you for all the feedback you've provided us with, it has been taken into consideration 🙂
Keep us posted on how things go!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is an absolutely unacceptable "solution." It's **bleep**ing insulting. 

Spotify still hasn't fixed this in recent updates.

Bumping this, why have they changed it so you have to select the Playlist tab to find custom order? Adding an extra click/press every single time is so unnecessary….

Completely agree with OP.

Now, in order for me to play a song from one of my playlists I have to click on Playlist -> By You -> Custom order.

Spotify, why not remove the entire Playlist feature if you are so adamant about making it so difficult for me.

I reorder my list of playlists quite often but currently only have the options to sort by 'Recents', 'Recently added', 'Alphabetical', 'Creator'.

Where has 'Custom order' gone?? I've tried dragging and dropping my playlists like I have done previously (I've had spotify since 2009 so know what I'm doing!) but it doesn't move them.

Suggested posts