Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Pop-up for xpui appears on app startup

Pop-up for xpui appears on app startup

Every time my desktop app starts up another window appears for https://xpui.app.spotify.com/index.html with the error:

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN 

The app works fine but it's incredibly annoying to have this random window appear every single time.

MacBook Pro, 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, MacOS Sonoma 14.5

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 10.29.22.png
18 Replies

Hey @tomlang!

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app to see if that fixes it? If it doesn't, please share a short screen recording which captures the app's behavior in action, along with the exact version of Spotify you're running so we can take a closer look.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did a clean reinstall of Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.2.41.434.g39a25e2c

Appreciate the cooperation @tomlang!

Did the reinstall make any difference at all?

Would you mind sharing even a screenshot or screen recording of the window and error message? You can attach them via the Insert Image/Video option in the post editor. If the video attachment's too big then we'd suggest that you upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if anything else comes up in the meantime.

IvelinaModerator

Unfortunately, the reinstall made no difference. I have added a screenshot to the post. 

Spotify may have lost interest in this one, but it's happening to me a ton too - if you find a solution let me know!

Hey folks,

It looks like the users in this thread had a similar issue, feel free to check it out. This could be related to your network setup so make sure to check your current settings and adjust them if necessary.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

How does that thread provide any solution? i see no recommendation for action. 

I'd love an actual answer to this. Its bugging me. Happens no matter what network I am connected to.

Ive been having the same issue... REALLY NEED A SOLUTION... its getting annoying...

Also getting this. Do Spotify care? They haven't provided a solution and will know what it is!!

Hey folks,

Apologies fot the radio silence.

We'd like to report this to our tech team, so please let us know the following (if you haven't already):

• Your device model, OS version and Spotify version.
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I get this message on start up also,Macbook pro, sonoma 14.5,  Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.2.48.405.gf2c48e6f. Ive tried updating and resintalling and nothing fixes it. 

This keeps happening to me and it's so frustrating! Looks the same on my computer as it does in the screenshot OP originally shared. Here's my info:

Device model: MacBook Pro, 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

OS version: macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 (but also happened when previously running macOS Sonoma)

Spotify version: Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.2.48.405.gf2c48e6f

Troubleshooting I've tried (all been unsuccessful in fixing the issue): a clean reinstall of the Spotify app (following instructions posted above), updating from macOS Sonoma to the new macOS Sequoia

I’m almost positive this has also been completely draining my computer battery from 100 to 0 when my laptop is closed/asleep. I wasn't sure what's been causing this since my battery health is normal, so dug deeper – turns out that "Spotify" and "Spotify Helper (Renderer)" are using an insane amount of CPU and energy when just left open in the background compared to any other apps. 

Ok, until this is sorted, I'm uninstalling Spotify and will be using Tidal. Seems it's not a priority for Spotify. 

Hey folks, 

@gobears, @erinkyna thanks for sending this info!

@mcddrums, @Rabbit717010, @swrightchoi, @Qarma for those of you still experiencing this issue, could you make sure to provide the full info requested by @MihailY above? This way we can correctly forward all reports to the relevant teams. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

NovyModerator

Macbook Pro 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify

Hey @mcddrums,

Thanks for adding your details - we appreciate it!

So that our tech folks can investigate this further, would you mind lettings us know what Spotify version you're currently running as well? You can check by following the steps here.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

MariaModerator

Hi there,

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.2.48.405.gf2c48e6f

Suggested posts