Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played Artists

Solved!

Recently Played Artists

I'm not understanding what "Recently Played Artists" does. Originally it had three bands in the list - one of them a band I actually do listen to frequently - so I follow them and they disappear from this list. The other two bands - not so much - so I hide them. Next time I look at Recently played artists, there they are. Not hidden/deleted. Also - I have been listening to full albums of lots of other artists that I *do really like* and these dont show up here. I haven't played these bands since I was using the free version - now I'm on Premium and these are my only two "recently played artists". 
I dont really understand the Spotify criteria for becoming a Recently Played Artist. And why Spotify wont stop recommending Airborne Toxic Event and  Hot Hot Heat - the same bands in Recently Played Artists which I assure everyone - I have *not* recently played.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just had to post to resolve the problem. Kind of like when the IT guy walks up to your desk - fixed 🙂

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

I just had to post to resolve the problem. Kind of like when the IT guy walks up to your desk - fixed 🙂

LOL - glad you got it sorted 🙂

How did you resolve it? Having same problem.

how did u get it fixed? the 'recently played artist', how to remove it or get it updated?

@ringowcl - It should update itself automatically, but not instantly. Mine normally lags behind by about a week.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem too, and spotify activities aren't being shown on my facebook account anymore.
Actually, I have disabled it, but when I enable it again it's not working anymore (both the facebook and spotify's sharing).

Do you have a Spotify account linked to Facebook, or was your account created via Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem.  I listened to Fleetwood Mac and Toto in a private session once while doing DJ research (yes, once) and they won't go away as my recently played.  I've of course listened to SEVERAL other artists/bands for hours.  Everytime I check out older music, it sticks around and makes me look like a middle-aged **bleep** who doesn't listen to anything but music that's 30+ years old.  It's lame.  I just assume that Spotify is being paid to promote certain bands or musicians over others, and thus their visibility is heightened rather than honest reporting of who someone is regularly or recently listening to.  It's pretty abhorrent.  

Same problem. Help. please, now. thanks...

I'm also having this issue.

I find it very annoying as the worst thing is that I haven't actually played tracks by artists such as Ed Sheeran & Ellie Goulding and they are on my 'Recently Played Artists' 

I can't stand these 2 pop acts as I  am mainly into indie/alternative, so this shameless promotion of major label artists is messing up my profile.

I am on Premium subscription, so I would like my profile to be a true reflection of what I play.

I hope they sort this out soon.

I'm just posting to see if this post helps kickstart the change in my Recently Played Artists since from what I understand, just by posting that seemed to fix your problem. If not, does anyone know how to contact a Spotify employee via direct email or phone call? I'd like to figure this out and all the posts about this seem to just be speculation about the problem, but no actual solutions (unless it's just luck, like in this case).

Same problem here, hasn't been updating for weeks and weeks...

I've been having a similar problem recently. I left my account logged on on my little brothers ipad a while ago and he was listening to music I would never, and so doesn't give a true reflection of my music, and it hasn't changed in a long while even though I listen to other bands all the time. Only one of the artists on the list is an artist I acctually like!

Where is the option to share recently played artists in Spotify Premium? At the moment, my friends can only view my public playlists.

that is not a solution....

How does one just turn it off?  There is a TON of junk in there that I've never heard of, don't want to hear, and don't care to pay any attention to.  So I "edited" it and it just keeps repopulating with never ending streams of junk.  

How do do I stop the madness?  

In fact, what IS the madness?  Just a random list of everything being played on Spotify at any given moment?  I'm paying for Premium and I have to deal with that nonsense? 

Suggested posts