NEXT STEP

Remove Folder without removing playlist

Solved!

Remove Folder without removing playlist

Premium

Aus

Device

Mac osx 

I have made folders but i can't seem to get my playlist out of them without deleting them

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gibbon_Man, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I tested it on my end and you can drag and drop the playlists out of the folder then delete the folder:

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.18.49.png

Hope it helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks it did help. I then look at it again and realised that you have to
expand the folder out
[image: Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 9.46.23 AM.png]

and then drag the playlist out

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Gibbon_Man, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I tested it on my end and you can drag and drop the playlists out of the folder then delete the folder:

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 14.18.49.png

Hope it helps! 🙂

Marked as solution

Thanks it did help. I then look at it again and realised that you have to
expand the folder out
[image: Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 9.46.23 AM.png]

and then drag the playlist out

The recommended solution does not work for me on Mac.

While dragging the playlist into the "Your Library" section does show the drag & drop cursor it does not actually copy or move the playlist.
Thus right now I can't remove playlists from folders.

Can anybody reproduce this problem? It looks like a bug in the Spotify client to me.

Hey @catswithbenefit,

Sorry but you cannot drag and drop the playlists or folders from the Playlists section into the Your Library section.

Does it work if you try what I've suggested above?

Thanks 🙂

I tried to move the playlists in to the "Playlist" section - not the "Your Library" section, sorry I was not clear on that.

When hovering the mouse it does show the exact same icon as it did for you.

BUT: The playlist keeps in its folder and it does not appear as a "top level" playlist either. Nothing happens.

I'm not on Mac, but I was playing around with this and couldn't figure it out either!

It turns out the solution that worked for me is clicking the arrow next to the playlist title. The arrow will shift from pointing right to pointing down, and a list of playlists will appear under the folder name. 

Check out the screen shot below. 2020 is an example of an unexpanded folder. 2019 is an expanded folder with all of the playlists inside under the folder name. From here, you can drag and drop playlists freely using THE PLAYLIST TITLES ON THE LEFT. 

Hope this helps anyone looking for the answer in the future!

Screenshot 2021-03-31 150408.png

Drag your playlist just above your folder name. A green line will appear. Drop your playlist.  Hope that works for you. 

I have had the same problem. What worked for me was to go to Your Library > Playlists, then to sort by Custom Order, and only then to drag the playlist out of the folder.

Michelangello4_0-1683970920557.png

Michelangello4_1-1683971130930.png

I hope this helped anyone dealing with this issue.

Thank you so much!!

On the last version of Spotify for desktop it's unfeasible. Can you make an update if you know any other way ?

It didnt work!!

for some reason i dont have a 'custom order' in sort by, is there a way to fix that?

Just figured it out, go on the Spotify website on a computer, not the app. Log in, then click the arrow next to the playlist to expand it and drag it UNDER the folder. Worked for me.

thank youuuu

this is the way 👏

tysm this finally worked 🙏🙏🙏

tysm!! this finally worked 🙏🙏🙏

This is the only one that worked for me thanks

Suggested posts