Songs not available only in the desktop Mac app

Solved!

Songs not available only in the desktop Mac app

Plan Premium

Country Ecuador

Device MacBook Air M1

Operating System macOS Monterey

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.1.77.643.g3c4c6fc6

Since yesterday, many songs in the playlists appear as unavailable. This only happens on the mac app, the same playlist on the same mac works fine on the web player and on my android phone. Also, if I go to the artist page I can play the song, I only have the problem in the playlists, which is very frustrating.

I've completely reinstalled the app twice, making sure to clear the cache but it doesn't fix it. Please help.

Mac desktop app.jpg
Mac web player.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps that's provided bellow:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how goes. We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I updated to Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.77.643.g3c4c6fc6 this morning and see instability as well (playing/pausing on Sonos, playing songs from a playlist).

Since stability has been a serious problems with desktop updates, we really need an easy way to revert to a previous version. Although the root of the problem is lack of sufficient quality assurance testing.

Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps that's provided bellow:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how goes. We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts