Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Mac

Operating System

OS

My Question or Issue

Got a spotify update on my mac with a new interface. But now my playlist aren't sorted by last added anymore and I can't seem to find how I do it now with the new update.

I can sort by date added but can't sort by last added. Before this update I could sort by last added, would be great if anyone could help me with this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rbndnnls,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

You can still sort by date added, either oldest to newest or newest to oldest, by clicking on the text Date Added on top of that column. If you don't see it, just enlarge the app window until it appears. Once you do it, a green arrow will appear next to it indicating how it's sorted.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here in case you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there @rbndnnls,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm on version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a
Marked as solution

Hey @rbndnnls,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

You can still sort by date added, either oldest to newest or newest to oldest, by clicking on the text Date Added on top of that column. If you don't see it, just enlarge the app window until it appears. Once you do it, a green arrow will appear next to it indicating how it's sorted.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here in case you have any questions 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Hi,
I think I know why I couldn't sort by last added. I usually have my spotify open on my mac screen (13 inch) and do other stuff on my monitor. 

When my spotify is open on my mac screen, because it is smaller it only shows the title, album and time of the songs.

When I enlarge spotify on my monitor the added date shows up.

Thanks for replying and helping!

Hi @rbndnnls,

Thanks for your quick reply.

We're glad to know that we were of help!

For anything else you need, we're always a post away.

Have a great weekend 🎧

CarlosEModerator

Thanks for the answer, I had the exact issue myself and searching Spotify help brought me here. While I'm very relieved to discover that the ability to sort by date added is still available, I think to say that it's implementation is a little confusing. The main issues are listed here and annotated in the screenshots below. Thanks!  BTW I'm running 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a on a 2015 Macbook Pro.

• Sorting on data that is not displayed in the UI is confusing
  • When user sorts on Title/Album/Added By/Duration they have the ability to choose between sorting ASCENDING or DESCENDING. However, when they choose to sort by Date Added  the functionality changes unexpectedly. The user can only see the data sorted in the default ASCENDING order, with no way to change the sort to DESCENDING order. 
  • To further complicate matters there is no indication at all in the UI (or help text or any other clue or hint) that additional columns are available...so there is no way for the user to know that choosing VIEW-->ZOOM OUT will eventually display the Date Added column. 

Title Sort AscendingTitle Sort AscendingTitle Sort DescendingTitle Sort DescendingDateAddedSort.pngDateAddedDropdown.png

Hi there @gogoray,

Thanks for your post in this thread.

You can sort by date added, either descending or ascending, by clicking on the text Date Added in top of that column, instead of the drop down menu on the top right.

We appreciate your feedback about the new interface and invite you to share it in this thread about it. We're constantly monitoring it to collect all your feedback, which helps us to keep improving the app and the overall experience.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts