Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Ok, then it is not just me havin this problem the last days. Also my Pioneer Hm82 pauses every view minutes. Already switched to LAN from Wifi, no changes. Internet radio runs for hours without any issue.

Really annoying!

Same issue on two Spotify Connect devices (Gramofon and Panasonic SC-ALL9) and have friends who have the same.

It started a couple of days ago (without me doing anything), but got worse yesterday. Tried app, wifi, reset etc, so it's definietly somewthing with the service.

Unsure we I can report it. Any clues?

Mine is RX-V581 and is not yet on the "not supported" list, so I think this issue is coming from Spotify connect API or Spotify Servers. I'm a bit glad that I'm not alone but this is very annoying and I hope that they will fix it or find a solution with Yamaha. 

same problem for my Yamaha. For info i have a premium account only to play music on my ampli...

Same probs here with a RX-V581. Really frustrating.

The same on the v479, but ok on every other device in the same lan network (smartphones, tv, pc). There is only problem on yamaha device, it pauses every minute or sometimes every few minutes. For a few days now. Previously, there had been ok on the same hardware and network.

Same here, Yamaha RX-A2060

Same issue here. I have a Yamaha CRX-N470D receiver and WX-010 speaker. They worked perfectly, without fail, for over a year and suddenly over the past week or so I cannot listen to anything from Spotify without constant random stopping. I've followed every possible solution and tried every fix. Nothing works. Driving me crazy!!

Same here. Tried everything. Nothing works

Hi!

Same problem with Yamaha RN402D.... randomly pauses since last app update.

Various reports coming through on twitter, e.g:

https://twitter.com/search?q=spotify%20yamaha

Though still no official acknowledgement of a wider issue from Spotify. They seem to be trying to treat each case as unique. Anyone know how to escalate this?

To add some devices to the list:

Experiencing the same problem on multiple devices (Clint Odin speaker, iEast pro audiostreamer). Strraming is being started from galax s8+ and iphone 7. Bith experiencing the same problem since last week.

Same problem here. Yamaha WXA-50 amp... 😞

Same here for yamaha av receiver

Same problem, Yamaha CD NT670

Same here, Yamaha NX-N500 with ethernet connection. Everything else works, but Spotify stops playing after a song or a few...

Hi! I've got the same problem, it started a couple of days ago. On my Yamaha devices (WX-010, WX-030 and YSP-1600) Spotify Connect plays for a couple of songs, then it pauses and I just can't resume the playback. If I press play again it immediately pauses again. It's very frustrating not being able to listen to my music since I'm paying for the service! I tried logging out from all devices, it didn't help. It obviously doesn't depend from my Android/Mac app since it only does that when using Connect. I really don't know what to do, at this point I think the issue is on their end, but they really need to address this immediately.

And still no clear answer from Spotify ...

Same problem on my rxv479 was working perfectly until Spotify app updated on my iPhone a few days ago. Same with my girlfriends iPhone which is a separate Spotify account again it was fine until the Spotify app updated

Suggested posts