Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

MacbookPro

Operating System

Mojave

My Question or Issue

Since some months ago I used Spotify on my Mac whitout any problem.

However, since some days ago I can`t acces my account in my Mac.

When I try to login an error appear:

"A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Assitionally you can try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code: 126)"

I modified my Setting preferences - Security, to allow Spotify to control my Mac. Also, I proved to use the proxy settings in "Auto detect", and "No proxy".

Non of those things worked.

I have two more devices (two Android mobiles) that works perfectly using the same account.

Somebody have any idea about how to solve this? Thank's a lot!

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.20.14 AM.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Here's how I solve this Spotify Error 126. I followed the instructions below, then I deleted the folder Spotify folder under Application Support folder. Then I reinstalled the Spotify App from Spotify.com. I then logged in and BAM, I got in! Best of Luck, Spotify Listeners!

Desktop

On your Mac:

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn't visible.)
  3. Open Application Support > Spotify > Users
  4. All usernames you've logged into on this device will show under this folder.

On your Windows:

1. In the lower-left corner of your PC home screen, click the Start icon > File Explorer > This PC.
  2. Open C: > Users > Your computer's Username > App Data
    Note: If you can't find App Data, open the Start menu and type in Run in the search box. Select Run and type in appdata and press enter.
  3. Open Local > Spotify > Users.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd recommend trying a different network and for any pending updates and install them if any available 🙂

Could you also try if it happens when trying to sign in with another Spotify account?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I tried restarting the device. Also, I reinstall Spotify following the recomended steps.

I'm using the latest Spotify version available in the web page. I use a MacPro with macOS Mojave 10.14.2. In any case, I have the same problem since some updates ago.

Any idea?

Hi did you find  get a solution?

Hello!

Not yet. I still searching for a solution.
At this moment I update spotify, also all Mac software. Doesnt work!

I'm having same issue. It started with the latest version of Spotify for macOS. Suddenly I am being asked to login to Spotify when I launch it at home, where I have no web service. (That's why I pay Premium to use this feature. DOH!) Having to log in to Spotify requires it to have network access, so it becomes a Catch-22. In addition, I have just had the problem recur after completely deleting and reinstalling Spotify. I am even at one of the WiFi hotspots I frequent and where Spotify used to work fine. I'm still getting the "firewall" error.

And I'd like the "helper" who keeps posting to "restart the computer" to stop with those useless posts. 1) Any **bleep** knows that, and 2) IT DOESN'T HELP. This is a bug in Spotify and I can't figure out a way to elevate it to the dev team for a solution. I've used Spotify for several years now and this was never an issue up till the last couple of weeks.

Marked as solution

Here's how I solve this Spotify Error 126. I followed the instructions below, then I deleted the folder Spotify folder under Application Support folder. Then I reinstalled the Spotify App from Spotify.com. I then logged in and BAM, I got in! Best of Luck, Spotify Listeners!

Desktop

On your Mac:

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn't visible.)
  3. Open Application Support > Spotify > Users

On your Windows:

1. In the lower-left corner of your PC home screen, click the Start icon > File Explorer > This PC.
  2. Open C: > Users > Your computer's Username > App Data
    Note: If you can't find App Data, open the Start menu and type in Run in the search box. Select Run and type in appdata and press enter.
  3. Open Local > Spotify > Users.

thanks worked a treat

Thanks a lot. Works just fine!

Suggested posts