Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't start all of a sudden. Mac OX 10.7.4

Solved!

Spotify Won't start all of a sudden. Mac OX 10.7.4

When I try to open spotify it bounces once in my dock and does nothing. No crash report, it just refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling. 

133 Replies

same problem here ever since the change of logo spotify version came out it started crashing now it will just not open completely I am on mac 10.7.5 untstalled and reinstalled no luck help

OS X Snow Leopard here, 10.6.8. For about a week Spotify didn't work; it just bounced around on the dock as previous users have mentioned and became unresponsive without ever actually opening the Spotify browser. Today I deleted a poopload of plugins that I had no use fore (Silverlight, Scorch for Sibelius, DivXPlugin, and AmazonMP3Downloader) and all of a sudden Spotify returned to its original state.

i am having the exact same problem.

same here

mac osx 10.6.8

doesn't open!

Same here since this morning. OS X 10.6.8

Is there a moderator or anyone who can actually solve this problem?

i am paying for spotify so i reckon it's rather annoying! I have deinstalled everything and tried to download it again but without success. can't open it and seems like i can't even successfully download it!

All started when I wanted to open spotify on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and the icon just bounces up and down on the screen but the programme won't open! Is there anything one can do to fix it?????? This is really annoying!

(btw when i deinstalled spotify i did not find anything under library/caches....)

The staff are currently aware of this issue and are trying to collect details. 

If you could add your OS X versions and Spotify client versions (if known) to this topic to keep it in one place it would be great!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same issue as of yesterday. I've tried a clean reinstall with no positive results. Starting to piss me off...

Hey! I'm using 10.6.8 Mac OS X. 

This just started happening to me a few minutes ago.  10.7.5 here.

I've been having this problem for like a week, running Mac OS X, version 10.6.6, I deleted and reinstalled spotify, so I assume its the most up to date version?

Is there anything obvious that has been conflicting with the program that I can delete/disable? This has been the quietest week at work ever wthout my music

Mac OSX 10.6.8 having the issue where the app bounces for a while and then becomes unresponsive.

10.6.8 same problem, reinstall doesn't work either

literally just found a solution that worked for me, reinstall spotify AND flash player using safari as the browser, then restart the computer. hope this works for you too

Today a fresh install and spotifya asked for update and fixed. Don't have a clue why it started in the first place. 

Good luck! I'm enjoying music again:)

Every time I try to wipe everything, the new download just ends up in the trash.. So it won't download a new version. And there is one file that won't delete when I try emptying the trash. It says spotify/localstorage (or something like that) is in use. SO annoying because the download that appears in the trash is the version I tried to update like 2 weeks ago.

Btw the same happened with flash. I deleted that too (that went well, managed to delete everything) but when I reinstalled it it showed up in the trash. Is this normal? (I'm quite new Mac)

Hi everyone, we have a similar thread right here: http://bit.ly/10FDPNn

If you haven't already, please do a clean reinstallation to be sure you're on the latest version (0.9.0.133). If you're still having trouble please post here. 

Hi, I have the same problem. I downloaded the most recent version, and it still keeps crashing. I cancelled my premium membership because of this too...however, I have OSX 10.5.8....is there any version that stiill works on this platform?

Suggested posts