Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from Long Playlists

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from Long Playlists

Whenever I add new albums to my "check out" playlist--which is about 3900 total songs at this point--the desktop app freezes and I get the spinning ball of death. However, if I force quite and then re-add the same album it works, but then breaks when I try to add another album. It seems I am only ever able to add something to the list *once* or it will crash. Another use case: if I put all the albums I want into a playlist with *no tracks* adding (100 songs for instance), they will transfer only the once as well. If I then try to add a single more song a second time, it crashes. Therefore there seems to be some scenario where a long playlist is having an issue adding tracks repeatedly and irrespective of how many tracks you want to add. </longwindedexplanation>

Anyone else seeing this? It's driving me crazy. Been happening about 3 months now. I've clean reinstalled (cleared app support and cache folder as well), tried it on mutiple computers and on mutiple OS versions. In short I think it's you and not me 🙂

HALP

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are you adding via drag and drop? Spotify are investigating reports of drag and drop crashes on Mac over on this topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-crashes-when-adding-songs-to-play...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Are you adding via drag and drop? Spotify are investigating reports of drag and drop crashes on Mac over on this topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-crashes-when-adding-songs-to-play...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It really does sound like it, I would say so. They are only via drag and drop, I can still add via mobile no prob. 

Thank you! I've subscribed to that thread.

Suggested posts