Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Desktop - Release Notes (1.0.9)

Solved!

Spotify for Desktop - Release Notes (1.0.9)

What's new in this version (1.0.9)

• Say hello to our new colour. Nice, isn't it?
  • Store your music where you want. Head over to Settings to pick your cache location.
  • New on touch screens: adjust volume or jump to a different part of a song by dragging your finger.
  • The Friend Feed always refreshes, so you're never out of the loop.
  • Small screen? The Friend Feed overlay gives the main view some extra room. 
162 Replies

Holy crap people, I thought that my graphic card started to fry. The color is like the most retarded color you could possibly choose. My eyes hurt. I guess it's time to change to another player. Did you just try LSD, started to trip and decided this is the new color? The design team needs to either get off drugs, or get fired.

Is there a way to revert back to an older version? This sh*t makes my eyes bleed.

- Store your music where you want. Head over to Settings to pick your cache location.

Awesome! 🙂

Why this color? Sorry, but this color is ugly!

Please change back to the original colour, this new one looks really bad. 

Good job here.

Minizing is back!

The color is a bit creepy imho 🙂 https://www.google.com/search?q=halloween+green&tbm=isch

"Store your music where you want. Head over to Settings to pick your cache location"

Thanks for bringing that feature back! In a year or two we might get all removed and useful features back. Looking forward to being able to sync my local files to my smartphone. Don't bother reimplementing ALAC/M4A support, tho. I already converted my loseless music to lossy mp3s, SO I CAN LISTEN TO IT.

Yeah, that was all sarcasm, Spotify. Get your sh!t together!

@stenudd wrote:

Good job here.

Minizing is back!

The color is a bit creepy imho 🙂 https://www.google.com/search?q=halloween+green&tbm=isch

If the color was like the one you posted, it would be okay. They have an oversaturated-LSD-trip-balls-eye-bleed-green.

Wait so let me get this straight...

You guys updated Spotify with a new colour?

WOW SUCH A FANTASTIC UPDATE, YOU DEVELOPERS ARE REALLY WORTH THE MONEY YOU GET PAID. Simply stunning, I'm so glad you invested so much of your time and effort into changing the colour of the application. I mean, who needs some of the most requested features to actually be developed? Only a loser would want actual new features instead of a new colour.

Colour me f***ing impressed, guys.

Also, I was inspired, I made myself a new trip balls wallpaper. Can be downloaded here - http://s16.postimg.org/6k7gdrpxx/spotify_wallpaper.png

Love all the changes, proper progress! Thanks!....

EXCEPT. THE COLOUR. THAT COLOUR. AAAAARGH. 

Please go back to the old colour! Please 😞 

The logo color is super mega ultra ugly!!! God!!!

I think the new colour coudn't be worse. It hurts my eyes. 

Not sure if you use the same colour here on the forum, but on white background it's even worse.

Not sure if there is a new UX/design leader in the spotify team, but these changes looks so pointless (yea, the new spotify client logo is ugly as hell). 

(Not talking about the mobile client (every update 1 step forward, 2 steps back), but thats not that topic)

edit: colour

There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

Updated to the ugly green, the second thing I noticed - the music wont play at all. It seems they reaaaally **bleep**ed something up and just let the update out without proper testing. 

Update: solved this temporarily by uninstalling this new version and downloading one from spotify (its the previous 1.08), but I guess upon restart of my computer it will be updated again.

Liking the colour, Makes everything pop a bit more.

@LABobby

This behavior when deleting a folder is intended. 

Like you said, in the past, everything may have gotten deleted, but now only the folder gets deleted. This is to prevent the playlists from being accidentally deleted. Some users may just want to delete the folder and not all of the playlists inside of them.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Spotify for changing the color! Now I got room in my taskbar for another app, because you just got kicked out 😉

I think we need an option for custom theming. I don't like the new color on deskotp. On my phone it's fine, but on my monitor it's bright, hurts my eyes, and is the most obnoxiously colored thing on my task bar. I wish I could set it to the system tray. There is too much contrast. Eugh.

Just installed the new version. The new color is not good. Spotify now feels much colder, much less friendly.

Also, please, do you have any real coders on your team? Someone who can do more complex stuff than just changing a color of an icon? If so, could you kindly spare 2 hours of one of the coders' lives to implement a simple drop-down box to select the output device? I would have that coded in like 1 hour including testing!

Edit - update: Just changed the cache location (don't want Spotify to kill my SSD), closed Spotify, deleted everyting in AppData\Local\Spotify, played a song in Spotify and it still cached it in AppData\Local\Spotify ! Well, I guess that changing the cache location is too difficult a task for your "coders"...

Hey guys, do you know how Rdio or Deezer premium accounts and desktop apps compare to Spotify? Getting fed up with Spotify...

What obnoxious colors?  I have Version 1.0.9 on windows 7.0. Nice black background with just a couple of good looking green icons and volume bar. I don't understand the complaints.

Suggested posts