Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Desktop - Release Notes (1.0.9)

Solved!

Spotify for Desktop - Release Notes (1.0.9)

What's new in this version (1.0.9)

• Say hello to our new colour. Nice, isn't it?
  • Store your music where you want. Head over to Settings to pick your cache location.
  • New on touch screens: adjust volume or jump to a different part of a song by dragging your finger.
  • The Friend Feed always refreshes, so you're never out of the loop.
  • Small screen? The Friend Feed overlay gives the main view some extra room. 
162 Replies

The new color is AMAZING!

@stephanie1023 wrote:
  • Small screen? The Friend Feed overlay gives the main view some extra room. 

Could you please make it so I don't have to hover to see what my friends are listening to? I have Spotify open on a small screen, but I have two other monitors that I'm working on, and I want to be able to glance over to see what people are listening to. I don't care about the stuff in the middle of the screen. I want to see what I'm listening to and what everyone else is listenting to. There should be an option to lock the Friend Feed open.

I'm with you on this!

I wish they had an option to keep the friend feed locked. Wondering how this is going to work? Will we have to constantly hover over the feed to see what our friends are listening to in real time?

I would rather be able to just glance over and see the friend feed automatically update in real time like it used to.

I love that new green. It looks just great and elegant. 

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

Can we get the new color on mobile, please?

Hey @Slendigo

Which phone do you use?

The new color is in the iOS app and it will soon be coming to the Android app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not sure if its just me, or if its already been mentioned..

The new logo/color looks fine to me, but the problem is the actual icon for Spotify IN Spotify and on my desktop.

It looks fine on my taskbar.

It looks sort of...low res?

Any solution to this?

waoow92.png

Mutiple select playlists/folders/subfolder to be able to move them around, delete, merge.

A tree view of playlists and folders so that you can easily move playlists around a complex organised sub folder system.

Automatic alphabetic sorting, with folders at the top of any tree branch.

Edit - this was in reply to swanny above, but now I see this forum is linear only. He asked about more specifics for playlist management. These are my "wants".

Oh and presuming a whole community will "love" a simple UI color change is naive. Why not offer the choice of what UI scheme to use to your users?

Apart from dreadful color, this version also has a serious bug. Every time I start Spotify, the whole system freezes for a moment - never happened before. Also, memory leak hasn't been fixed too.

Im ok with the new color. But what I'm not OK with is the low-res crappy icon on the taskbar and on the app itself. It should be better.

I don't care about the color! I want to be able to select an output sound device and disable the cache! Come on...

I really like the new color! Much more vibrant than the old one.

Selecting the output device? LOL, community has been asking for this forever... I have no hope at this point.

Community Manager

The critical capability of Playlist Folders in Playlist Folders is still badly broken (since the major update -- reported previously).  Why can't this be fixed?!?!

To demonstrate: Create a playlist folder with playlists in them (say folders 2015-May and 2015-June with favorite playlists from May and June), then create a new toplevel playlist folder (say Best of 2015) and move May and June folders into that top folder.  Moving folders and folders around around will do many crazy, broken, and inconsistent things.

For another problem, try deleting a playlist folder and watch all the playlists in the folder NOT also get deleted.

This is all basic functionality that used to work in Spotify.  Are you wanting me to try out Apple Music to see if they can do basic things right?

Hi,

This new version is very nice but completely unusable, because it stops playing *any* song after 2 seconds. Press play, wait 2 seconds, it's paused. I've tried clearing my cache, without success.

I've reinstalled the older version and everything's fine. I'll stick with it until it's fixed.

Windows 7, freshly installed, USB soundcard.

Cheers,

--

Guillaume

This new update is crashing my PC, entirely freezing the whole thing so I have to reset. WIindows 8 no previous issues

@fadeke

Try a clean reinstall of Spotify 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The new color is one of the ugliest things i have ever seen. Atrocious. Bring the old one back!

Clean reinstall also fixed the problems with the local files.

Not a sign of very professional software!

Can't say I'm a fan of the new color. Initially, I thought something had gone wrong with my update and that the files were corrupted or something. I had to end up googling "spotify weird color" before understanding that this was an intended change to the color scheme of the program. It's way too saturated, almost yelling at me from my taskbar. I'm probably gonna look into reverting to the version before this since none of the technical changes are needed for my type of use of the program. I've a hard time understanding how anyone would want their program to stick out so much they'd make it look nauseating.

Suggested posts