Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!

Spotify keeps skipping

Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure what else to do, but it's pretty annoying.

228 Replies

GUYS HELP
I have android so no iTunes, and today the problem started when I tried to play a song in my library and it just started skipping through songs without me even touching anything, how can I fix this? I uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing, help me plzzzz

Spotify is having problems right now and they are trying to fix it as soon as possible.

You can stay up to date by reading their Twitter account here:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus/status/694855504930148352

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been playing all morning without any problem until 30 min ago. Now it keeps skippin the tunes, some plays for a couple of seconds. Tryed to clean cache but it had no effect. Uninstalled the app (andriod) and installed it again, same problem. No problem playing with the app on my iPad ord my windows laptop.

It's fixed now lol, I just started to watch youtube for a bit then went back to see if it still was skipping and it worked fine....smh spotify

This problem has been fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I decided to uninstall Spotify for now. And will reinstall when I see that this bug is fixed.

Ya I'm sick of Spotify's sh#t. I cancelled 3 days ago and am now a happy subscriber to Google Music.

I'm currently having this problem now..

It'll say "Cant play the current track" and will skip through every song

Is this issue fixed?

There is no 'Storage' folder located in my 'com.spotify.client' folder. All the caches are located in the 'com.spotify.client' folder and when I deleted them and restart spotify, it recreates the cache files but the skipping problem still occurs. Please help!!

Kind regards

AWESOME! You are my life saver!!!!!

Thank you for the URL.  The desktop version on windows does not work.

I went into Change sound card settings, and changed the Hz to 44100. Mine was constantly skipping. Biut before that I reinstalled the Dolby theatre driver, and it still did that. But then I changed the Hz. Hope you figure it out. It had happened after I had updated to the new Windows 8 today.

It happens to me always when i downgrade from premium to free version.....

since this was the third time i came here for this same solution I think the REAL problem is in the spotify's end this also **bleep**s up my sony xperia z3 music player the same way but there it is possible to just delete everything and reinstall.

Please do something about it. it doesn't really bother me because there is a solution and it's not like i have to do this all the time but yeah. It doesn't do good for spotify's reputation.

Disabling "enable hardware acceleration" did not work for me. So frustrated.

I've got the same issue, i play a song and spotify keep skip it. I Resolved the issue removing the Spotify Folder inside C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\

THANK YOOOOU

Check at the end of each step to see if it fixes your issue

* Check the drivers. Install the latest driver for your soundcard

* Turn streaming quality down to high minimum and hardware acceleration off

* Use RevoUninstaller for Windows and AppZapper for mac to uninstall Spotify. If you do it manually, there are so many different things that can be causing it. They are both free, use them. Restart computer, reinstall Spotify

I was experiencing a similar problem (android). Restarted phone, redownloaded app, etc with no results. I reset the cache from in-app, and the problem resolved.

Spotify was skipping on my Mac, and I tried all the other suggestions with no success.  Then I found out about App Nap, the new feature in OS X that makes background apps sleep periodically to conserve energy.  OS X can activate App Nap on an application whenever it thinks it makes sense, such as when the screensaver kicks in.

Some advice on the internet suggests you Get Info on the Spotify app and then check a box "Prevent App Nap".  However, in the latest versions of OS X (and Spotify?), that option is not visible.  But you can disable it from command line.

Open Terminal

Type this at the prompt (don't type the $, that's just the prompt indicator)

$ defaults write com.spotify.client NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES

I believe it is the responsibility of the app developer to add code to their program that tells the OS which parts of the app should never be put to sleep.  I suspect that Spotify devs either didn't realize that App Nap existed, or perhaps they missed some important change that Apple made about the details.  Anyway, preventing App Nap fixed my skipping problem.

Suggested posts