Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!

Spotify keeps skipping

Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure what else to do, but it's pretty annoying.

228 Replies

I have this happening on my android phone with Verizon data streaming, on my samsung smart tv app on my high speed WiFi, and on the computer connected directly to my high speed DSL.  That's when I decided it had to be the app.  It does not happen on my Kindle Fire HD or on my Dell Venue notepad.  What is up?

HEY SPOTIFY FIX THIS FCKIN PROBLEM - If it wont get fixed im gonesky

I pay for this service and i want it to work 100% - and i certainly dont want to dig through computer files deleting reinstalling etc I dont have time.

I have the app on my Galaxy S7 and on my PS3 and it skipps all the time on both. I have tryed everything. Can anyone help me?

Same skipping on MacOS using native app.

Hi guys! I'm not great at all this technology stuff but mine started skipping a while back and when I played it on my phone and then switched to my computer, it used to work but now even that does nothing. I've tried quite a few of these solutions and nothing is working so far. I'm in the middle of downloading a new driver but I don't know if that will work either. I'm on a Dell Inspiron and I have Windows 8 I think? Spotify works just fine on my phone but constantly skips on my computer. Thank you in advance for any help! And if you could make it simple enough for someone who is not well versed in technology, that would be great! 🙂

This occurs when you have background programmes running. It might be a number of programmes. Antivirus, antimalware, firewall, or most likely, other sound/music programmes that have driver conflicts (eg: music rippers). From Task Manager, sort by CPU usage, then play spotify tune. Identify which services are running when the skip happens, and try killing each one in turn. Best done with sounds already downloaded and internet off. It's a ballache, but you will figure out which piece of software is causing the conflicts and hence the skips.

Considering I have NEVER and WILL NEVER allow anything Apple in my house, especially iTunes, that couldn't possibly be the problem. I am having the skipping issue, on a PC, with absolutely no iTunes. Maybe you should get off your high horse and stop acting like you are so perfect. Rude.

It may sound dumb, but on my 2010 Mac Pro I can't play any songs. I tap on one song and it instantly moves to the song directly below it. That process keeps going until it gets to the end of the playlist. Sometimes in between this process, I will get advertisments(NOT WHAT I WANT)! I've tried refreshing the page and even logging out of the Mac Pro. Please get this fixed.(This happens on my Mac Pro, my school chromebook, basically any device I own that has Spotify.)

My original post was actually about song studdering issues, though the
title may be misleading; to that I figured out the issue in my case.

Turn's out I had a wi-fi card that was trying to compete with a hard-line
connection. I disabled the wi-fi in device manager and studdering sounds
stopped.

Did it. SAME **bleep**ING PROBLEM.

Hello,
Anyone still experiencing the issue?
Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Yes, I am still experiencing this issue.  It happens on all my devices.

This happens to me when playing to a Chromecast audio device. From both Spotify IOS app as Windows Spotify Client application.

Playback to other devices does work fine. Just the Chromecast audio.

the Chromecast is working fine with other apps...

all latest versions: 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

Very disappointing

I solved this problem years ago. But I keep getting replyes! Keep updating the Spotify app and you will get rid of the problem! "sigh"

What to do?

So my spotify will play a  few songs then suddenly when playing a song skips to the next after 10, 20 seconds..This happens ever 3rd or 4th song...So irritataing..I have the premium account...UGH!!!

Hi there, I'm having this problem too, it has only started in the last few days. I can't use the program in its current state. I'm using Spotify on a Windows 7 Ultimate pc with an I7 and 24gb of ram, and the problem is there whether other programs are open or not. The settings section also seems to be frozen, and I can't make any changes to them. Can you help? 

My songs keep skipping and stopping every time I’m using Spotify. Im a premium user paying monthly for my subscription and it’s hard to use Spotify when this keeps happening. I’ve deleted and downloaded the app again numerous times and there has been no change. 

Have you tried re-installing the program?

after a few days everything was back to normal. Strange because i didn't reinstall anything. probably some server glitch.

It seemed to fix the problem for me when I signed out of Spotify on all
devices and unlinked all Bluetooth devices then reinstalled.

Suggested posts