Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Solved!

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Hello,

Spotify won't  load the social activity bar, friends profiles or artist pages (remain blank, with a find people tab on the SB). It's working other than that. Happened after I installed the update this morning. Tried loading a previous version, that will open artist pages, but not the social bar (and it updates itself pretty sharpish).

I'm a premium user on a mac running OS X 10.7.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby

382 Replies

@timofeie wrote:

Since yesterday the Activity Feed is not working for me also.

I have OS Windows 7 and the latest Spotify version.

Are you getting a white box for the activity feed like above? 

I thought this might have been a webpage display issue, but several of the tabs mentioned above such as play queue and radio are still rendered natively to my knowledge! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

@timofeie wrote:

Since yesterday the Activity Feed is not working for me also.

I have OS Windows 7 and the latest Spotify version.

Are you getting a white box for the activity feed like above? 

I thought this might have been a webpage display issue, but several of the tabs mentioned above such as play queue and radio are still rendered natively to my knowledge! 

Peter

Nope, it's dark grey and says ''Follow friends, celebrities and artists to discover their music'' and under that there is ''Find People'' button. But i allready follow people, i even tried to unfollow them and then follow again but that didn't work.

I am using Windows Vista Home.

Unable to see what friends and followers are listening.

When I visit my friends, there is no overview anymore (mine is also gone!) and I can't find their playlists anymore. 

This is my screenshot.Spotify.jpg

Sorry, my mistake. The Inbox and Play Queue, still works. The other ones listed does not however.

me too please let us know when this will be fixed ! 

I'm also getting the same problem, any web page type screens (artist or album pages, what's new, follow, etc.)  are being loaded extremely slowly (3-5 minutes)

Spotify Version: 0.9.2.18.gcaf36646

OS Version: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

It was working fine before this latest update.

CPU usage is stuck at 100%

Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 21.55.14.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 21.47.16.png

I have the same problem. I checked it with Win XP, Win 7, Win 8, OSX Mountain Lion and Ubuntu on several machines. The problem occurred on Thursday. I also did a clean installation on the machines.

Cheers

Peter

@enux wrote:

I have the same problem. I checked it with Win XP, Win 7, Win 8, OSX Mountain Lion and Ubuntu on several machines. The problem occurred on Thursday. I also did a clean installation on the machines.

Cheers

Peter

Is that all on version 0.9.2.18? (Help > About)

^Don't do that (on windows), will cause a crash (logged bug). On windows you can check the version from Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Spotify

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

I used the following version on XP, Win 7, Win 8 and OSX: 0.9.2.18gcaf36646 and an older version

On Linux I used 0.9.0.133gd18ed584

cheers

Peter

I have noticed the exact same problem with the latest update, [Mac] Version 0.9.2.18. I cant even after rebooting the program get any information at all on the page at least no further info about artist when you click on them and no other info exept my on playlist. Would be nice if you could fix this bug and get back to being the best music streaming client. 

Tank you in advance

Hi. There seem to be a few issues with 0.9.2.18 at the moment. Can you try a clean reinstall, using the version here to see if it fixes things for now?

my issue with the activity bar not working has been going on for two weeks now, nothing shows.

latest update on windows Vista.

the amount of times i've re-installed is silly but everytime i do, Spotify already has my log in details (email) typed in, i just need to enter my password. that shouldn't happen right? it's like even though it's a clean install its frozen?! (if that makes sense)

I have exactly the same problem

I have the exact same problem since last update. (All dark grey Activity feed, with "Find People" button)

I'd even tried format my harddrive and start all over. But it was all the same. I have 2 premium accounts, and both have this problem.
Everything works fine on Facebook, but Spotify won't show any friend activity whatsoever!

REALLY annoying, cause this was THE feature that make me choose Spotify in the first place. Love to find new songs this way!
Please correct this asap, it's a really important feature!

Joe,

I tried your installer on Win 7 and XP (update and clean installation) the problem persits...

cheers

Peter

I have the same problem with Spotify on OSX 10.7.5 since updating to Spotify 0.9.2.18.gcaf36646

I am a premium user.

No artist pages when linking through from a playlist. No activity feed, no apps or homepage. Can only play songs from playlists or by searching directly for them by name. Can't search by artist name. 

Can you fix please? 

sammy1 wrote:

the amount of times i've re-installed is silly but everytime i do, Spotify already has my log in details (email) typed in, i just need to enter my password. that shouldn't happen right?

No, that shouldn't happen.  Use the Windows Control Panel "Add and Remove Programs" app to uninstall.  Then search your system for any folders named Spotify and delete them.  There are two of them in separate appdata folders.

Then try installing 0.9.1.53.  You can get it by going to HERE.

I know people try to help and that's a really good thing but I'm afraid this is Spotify's fault and not our systems (Mac/Windows). 

I guess we'll have to wait for a new update, because it seems that a lot of people have these issues. My social bar completely went dark grey and says 'Find friends blahblah' even though I was following 41 users. 

Just done a clean install, deleted spotify from any folders, it didnt come up with my email already typed in this time but surprise surprise, activity feed is still not working.

I'm giving up on using it on my desktop. Far too frustrating.

Same problem here... 

Suggested posts