Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Solved!

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Hello,

Spotify won't  load the social activity bar, friends profiles or artist pages (remain blank, with a find people tab on the SB). It's working other than that. Happened after I installed the update this morning. Tried loading a previous version, that will open artist pages, but not the social bar (and it updates itself pretty sharpish).

I'm a premium user on a mac running OS X 10.7.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby

382 Replies

It's kind of starting to work for me now. The Pages are starting to load, but it takes ages, and most of the time the whole page doesn't seem to load.

I really don't think its a Spotify issue.  I see the activity feed in Spotify, old version, so the data is definitely going out.   More people would be complaining if it were a Spotify issue.

If you're still on 0.9.0, the link to 0.9.1 can be found HERE.  0.9.0 has various issues, 0.9.1 seems pretty stable.   If you're on 0.9.2.18, get rid of it.

If after reviewing ALL you Spotify settings AND your Facebook privacy settings you STILL don't see you friends activity, I'd suggest giving one of the old versions a try.  I personally don't like the new feed at all.  0.8.3 and 0.8.5 show ALL your Facebook friends in your People list, and you just add them.  None of this Following business. I've posted detailed instructions on keeping them from updating HERE, including links to the old versions.

Still not working? You need to do a thorough cleanup of your computer.  Get Revo Uninstaller and remove everything you don't use.  Use Ccleaner and clean up your registry and browser.  Do virus and spyware scans.  There is freeware software that does all of this.  Maintenance.  If you fail to keep your computer clean, its not going to work as intended.  Don't complain or point fingers if you haven't done the maintenance.  And sometimes its simpler and easier to just reinstall Windows, which fixes just about everything.

hello everybody, i'm writing here to get some help about the right sidebar in spotify, the one who concerns the social zone. i used to enjoy very much seeing on that sidebar what my friend were listening to, because it helped me to discover new music, but since i've downloaded the latest spotify version i couldn't see anything on that bar except a writing: "follow friends, celebrities and artists to find out what they're listening to". even if i add more people (i follow 50 people), i cannot see anything nomore in that bar but that writing. how can i see what my friends are listening in that sidebar? thank you very much and sorry for my english!

Don't suppose anyone has a link to the previous version for Mac, would be happy to revert to that until the issue is fixed.

No idea whether it's a spotify issue or not, but it does seem to have happened at the same time as the latest update (at least for mac users) which suggests to me it might be. Agree info is definately going out (it's working with much older versions, and FB is still updating what I'm up to even now).

I've got various spyware/cleanup programs, tried running them all to no avail, plus I've done a clean re-install.

I do keep a well maintained computer, and I'm not complaining, I'm highlighting a problem with a product I pay for that's clearly got a bug, even if it's in a relatively small number of users (about 35 who've actually bothered to post in this thread).

Thanks for your advice though.

Seems unlikely to affect as many people just after the update as well! I'd appreciate an old version for mac too but it would probably auto update as well.... I highly doubt it's a single PC issue but more of a spotify feed issue

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You are not the only one who has reported social issues recently. 

What version of the client (Help/Spotify > About) and operating system are you using?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi everyone, we can gather information on this to help identify what's going on.

If you could please provide the version of Spotify you're running and Operating System, it will be helpful. You can find it this way:

Windows: Click Help > About Spotify

Mac: Click Spotify > About Spotify

Also, if you created your account separately from Facebook (and have chosen your username), please go to Preferences (Mac: Spotify > Preferences/Windows: Edit > Preferences) and click 'Disconnect from Facebook', close Spotify and try to connect it again. Failing this, a clean reinstall making sure to remove the cache could also help: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Thanks for your help here.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

The newest version (updated this morning) seems to have fixed the bugs (Mac 10.8.4, Spot .9.1.53)

Anyone else agree/disagree?

0.9.1.53 is the version I am running and I've done all the things below / cache/ reinstall/ new install / still the same no activity, thanks

Hi all,

Installing the update 0.9.1.53.g876ga9df didn't seem to work. However disconnecting/reconnecting to FB seems to have brought back artist profiles and apps, thanks.

Activity feed still seems down though.

Loath to do another clean reinstall though. That'd be the third on this issue. Till there's conformation it'll definitley work...

Thanks!

I just got an update (0.9.1.53.g876fa9df) and it seems to be working better now. Everything is loading again, but still not as fast as before.

Hi

I've got the same probleme actually. I am a french user of Spotify by the way.

Here my version of Spotify (Windows 7 but FIY I've got the same problem on my MacBook since friday.)

stelo_spotify.jpg

I've also just done the update (0.9.1.5.3) windows. Everything seems ok, except the activity feed is still not showing (i know friends are listening to songs by their FB posts)

Can it just be a bug with the feed?

Old mac versions can be downloaded here:

http://mac.filehorse.com/download-spotify/

Be aware that these will in time update to the newest version on the Spotify.  Somewhere in the forums here there are instructions on how to keep Macs from updating.  Being a windows user, I don't follow that info.

To Toby_Brown:  My comment about complaining wasn't directed at you specifically.  I see a lot of complaints throughout the forum directed at Spotify that can easily be attributed to dirty systems badly in need of a good cleanup.  And who knows, this one could also be a software bug as far as Macs are concerned.

I believe this is a failure on our accounts. I have 2 different premium accounts, I'd tried a clean install several times. I even tried to format my harddrive and made a clean install on Windows7, with the same results.

If i go to a friends house, and log into my account, the problem is still there, while his account works.
I have 3 computers, and it's the same on all of them.

I've installed the 0.9.1.53 too without any other actions and it works nice now.

Thanks

Version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

I log in via facebook login

I have already tried complete removal (including cached files) twice, same problem

The only thing you Spotifypeople tells us to do is to give you our OS and Spotify version. How many times does people have to give it to you? There is clearly a problem with the latest update whatever system you are running! And you only telling us you are trying to gather information about the systems and versions does not help us, to me it really does'nt seem like you are trying to do anything, because I have'nt seen ONE spesific answer in here, and I've been reading a lot of questions about this the last couple of days. It's not the first time people have these problems. 

I can tell you I have the same problem as everyone else, and it's really starting to annoy me when I'm paying for this service. 

I started using my Spotify account again about a month ago, and it has been working fine, until my update. After my update, on friday I think (June 14th), my activity bar was blank only saying "find friends, and "Whats new" was blank too (checked if I was still following people, and I was). Later that day after trying to logout then login, my activity bar showed old activities and "whats new" was working. Since then the activity bar has been frosen, it showes no new activity and I know the people I am following are listening to music, it showes up on Facebook, so don't give me anything about them not being active. Yesterday I uninstalled Spotify, and re-installed it, I have disconnected Facebook many times and unfollowed and refollowed my friends. IT DOES NOT WORK! So stop telling us to uninstall, reinstall, disconnect and whatever! It's not answers good enough for people paying for this service. FIX THE UPDATE!

blomma, I´ve tried several versions on several operating systems  with no success. I think there is a problem with spotify network...

Also had the activitybarproblem, the problem fixed itself an hour ago

Suggested posts