Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to connect to facebook?

Solved!

Unable to connect to facebook?

Hey, I'm trying to connect my premium account to facebook. Whenever I click on the "Connect" button I get a message "ok" from facebook and that's it. nothing else happens and my account isn't linked. does anyone have a solution for this? thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Spotify is currently investigating this.

In the meantime you can try connecting to Facebook here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

47 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Have you tried using a different browser or incognito mode with cleaned cookies/cache?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

yes tried it all and I even tried using different computers with the same results

I am having trouble linking my Facebook account to my existing spotify account. When I click the "Connect to Facebook..." button under file in the top left of the spotify application, the diologue box that is supposed to appear is completely blank, and it redirects me to a mysterious webpage that merely says the word "Ok" in the top right. I did reach another step before, which opened up a bright green Spotify box with the option to link my facebook to "an Existing Account", but when I put in my Spotify username and password into the prompt, I repeatedly got the error that the account "can't connect to Facebook". However, I now am unable to get back to that green pop-up box because I tried the other option, which was to Create new account (with my Facebook account) so now when I click "Log In with Facebook, it logs me into a seperate facebook account. I would like to delete this seperate Facebook Spotify account, and instead link my pre-existing Spotify account to my Facebook account.

I have attached images of the blank pop-up box, and of the mysterious website. Both open immediately after I click on "Connect to Facebook...", and I have tried repeatedly, so it's not a one-time glitch.

Any help you may provide will be much appreciated.

Spotify error 1.JPG

Spotify error 2.JPG

Experiencing exactly the same problem. Using Chrome as browser if that is useful info.

Well, not entirely true, I'm not having exactly the same prerequisites; I have a premium subscription.

Absolutely!

Having exactly the same problem as described by OliverCalder (thanks BTW for typing it all up and posting screenshots) other than I am a Premium user as well.

Would be great if we could get some assistance from community or even Spotify Staff.

Cheers!

Spotify won't connect to social media. It will give me a white blank window with "OK" in it then another blank window. With sharing it will say temporary unavailable. I'm using the same emails for Facebook and Spotify, does anyone know what's going on?

Hey guys! I have merged the reports about this into one thread.

I'll forward this to someone at Spotify to take a look at the problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Spotify is currently investigating this.

In the meantime you can try connecting to Facebook here:

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello there! @ekezgraw @OliverCalder @Estemundo @SkyfireDawn @maxim_47 

We're looking into it. In the meantime, as @MattSuda said, you can use this link:

(This will manually enable Facebook from the website)

Cheers!

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Cool!

Looks like this worked for me - at least fetches my profile pic (albeit on the main profile page on the app not in the top-left corner next to the username) and full name.

Thanks @Teresa and @MattSuda!

Thank you for all your help!

I'm not sure if the link was the solution, or if the Spotify team fixed something with my account that I am unaware of, but the problem has been resolved! 

Thank all of you for the help and solution!

Hi,

I am trying to do this:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/Spotify-is-connected-to-wrong-Facebook-account

Please see attached screenshot.

But when I click Connect to Facebook, a new browser window opens to perform the authentication step with facebook. This means that once I am authenticated, the HTTP response is not sent to the embedded browser in my Spotify desktop client so it doesn't go to the next step.

I believe the problem might be that the spotify protocol is associated with my external browser (so it opens a popup rather than hanlding the URL within the Spotify client.

To recap, my problem is that once I have authenticated with facebook, Spotify does not progress to the next step of associating my Spotify account with the authenticated Facebook account. I believe if I disassociate the Spotify protocol (like spotify:// ) from my browser I might fix the problem. Does anyone know how to do this in OSX Mavericks or Windows 7?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 11.15.30.png

Can you try going to the link below to connect Facebook?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks Matt,

I went to that url while already logged in to facebook and logged in using my spotify username and password. This appeared to work ok, but then I shutdown spotify (so that the process was no longer running) and opened again, logging in with facebook which initially gave me the error attached.

Then after a few more tries it let me in with my new facebook account's credentials although the name and profile picture on the client are taken from the old facebook profile.

Seems ok though, thanks for the help!

spotifyfacebooklogin.png

The name and profile picture can take up to 24 hours to update after connecting it to a new Facebook account.

Post back here if you are still have trouble

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts