Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login with correct Facebook credentials

Solved!

Unable to login with correct Facebook credentials

I have been able to login to Spotify web player with Facebook for the last few months without issue. Today, for whatever reason, I am unable to login with my Facebook credentials. I am still able to login to Facebook with no problems, but Spotify said my username or password is incorrect, which is not right at all. And when I tried logging out of Facebook to login to Spotify manually with my facebook credentials, I got the same error message from Spotify, but somehow I was logged back into Facebook through this process, which means my credentials work. Help!

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.36.00 AM.png
83 Replies

Had this issue today, now i can log in but my profile is completely wiped and when i type my name in search i can see my normal profile still exists..

Hi there,

I am facing the issue now log in error 404

Hello!

I'm having this problem also. I used to connect spotify with facebook login, but now i can't use my facebook credentials. I already changed my facebook password, but it keeps showing the message "The username or password is incorrect. (Error code: 

what do i do? please help

same problem. does not work 

I am not able to log in with facebook

Hello,

I'm having this issue on Chrome, Firefox and Edge on Windows 10. It was working fine until the beginning of this week (from time of writing) but now I cannot login with Facebook (only on the webplayer). I tried clering the cookies, resseting the cache... nothing. The Facebook pop-up comes up, I insert everything, it goes away and after a bit of thinking it says "Incorrect username and password".

Thanks,
Sabin.

Capture.JPG

I can't get on spotify using the correct facebook credentials just on my ipod touch. My computer and Iphone aren't having any problems. I have restarted and reinstalled the app, removed my old ipod touch from the synced devices, and tried using the password generator for facebook with no luck. I keep getting the login error 404 notice.

Hi there i have been unable to sign into my spotify web player using facebook credentials since yesterday morning. It keeps saying incorrect username and password. I can get into my facebook account just fine. Can you please reset or advise on a quick fix! thank you

Same Problem here ! Please fix !

please, fix my problem! thx

Снимок экрана 2016-08-17 в 13.21.38.png

Two years later, this problem is still existing.

Do you need our help to solve it? Please..

I have the same issue, it never failed before, now suddenly I can't login, when I click FB login button, it just lock due to wrong username and pass, then when I click remember pass it simply says I must update my facebook password.

Chromium Version 50.0.2661.102 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on LinuxMint 17.3 (64-bit)

Marked as solution

I would like to post my fix for this.

The free account apparently locks to the country set in your Spotify account settings. This prevents you from logging in when in different countries without an actually meaningful message.

In my case it got fixed by just logging in to www.spotify.com with Facebook, going to edit profile and changing the country.

Hope it helps,
Cheers.

Hey did you find a solution to this problem? its happening to me right now

It happens to me from time to time because for whatever reason spotify unlinks my facebook and spotify account. It took me quite a few attempts to link it this morning and I sent a request to support. After a couple of hours I could link it accessing through www.spotify.com (and not the web player or the app).

So. for now, everything it is ok. Until it is broke again.

I can't log into Spotify with Facebook that's the issue. How do I change the location if I can't lot in?

spotify sucks! thats it. never have this problem with joox

This works for me too.

Go to spotify.com > log in account > click your name on the upper right corner (a drop-down will appear with your account settings) > click account > change country to where you are.

Vigidis' solution worked. Thanks!

Hi Vigidis,

Thanks a lot for your solution. It helped.:)

Suggested posts