Unknown device - TV

Plan

Free/Premium: Premium Student

Device:

MacBook Air 2017

Operating System:

macOS Monterey

My Question or Issue:

Recently opened up Spotify and saw a device that I am not familiar with. Already went through the trouble of logging out of all my devices via web, but that hasn't fixed the problem. Weirdest thing is, I don't see that device through my phone. The device I don't recognize is, obviously, the SAMSUNG TV

Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 1.01.56 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MikjeliS,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First off, we'd suggest that you log in on your Account page and go to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side. There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

It's also a good idea to you tap on the unknown device, click on "Forget this device", log out everywhere again and check if the device will appear again. 

Lastly, just to make sure that you don't have any unauthorized activity on your account - we'd advise you to follow these steps.

Keep in mind that if you’ve ever used Spotify on a shared network, you may see other devices in the picker that were connected to that network too. You can have only local devices shown by heading to the Spotify App on your mobile device > open Settings > Devices > Show Local Devices. More info about the Connect feature can be found in this support article. 

Hope this helps. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

My first thought was that maybe it's showing the devices connected to the same network that my laptop is connected to, but then it should be showing like 6 or 7 different devices. All Ethernet ports in my uni are connected to a main network. That includes: ports in the dorms, auditoriums, kitchens and hallways

Marked as solution

Hey @MikjeliS,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First off, we'd suggest that you log in on your Account page and go to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side. There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

It's also a good idea to you tap on the unknown device, click on "Forget this device", log out everywhere again and check if the device will appear again. 

Lastly, just to make sure that you don't have any unauthorized activity on your account - we'd advise you to follow these steps.

Keep in mind that if you’ve ever used Spotify on a shared network, you may see other devices in the picker that were connected to that network too. You can have only local devices shown by heading to the Spotify App on your mobile device > open Settings > Devices > Show Local Devices. More info about the Connect feature can be found in this support article. 

Hope this helps. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts