Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro 15" late 2016

Operating System

OSX 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

Tuesday I hit the 'Next Track' key on my Mac keyboard to skip a track, usually the track would skip straight away to the beginning of the next track.

But on this occasion and every occasion since this first happened, the next track starts playing, but theres about 10-15 seconds of crossfade from the previous track.

Even though I have the crossfade feature in the advance settings turned off.

It even happens if I hit the 'Next Track' button on the Spotify interface.

I know it's not the crossfade feature as the first track does not start crossfading into the next track when it gets to the end of its play time. If I let tracks play through to the end, the crossfade doesn't happen, it only happens when I hit the 'Next' button.

The only way I don't get this crossfade effect is if I hit the play button before each track name in the list view in playlists, albums etc.

I've restarted, shutdown, updated my mac and the spotify app, but it still happens.

Anyone know whats up, or know how to fix it?

*EDIT*

This doesn't happen in Song Radio mode.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jamiecross_.

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 Let's see what we can do to help you out.

It sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device again? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

We'll see what we can suggest next!

Take care,

P

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jamiecross_.

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 Let's see what we can do to help you out.

It sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device again? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

We'll see what we can suggest next!

Take care,

P

Hi Peter,

Current Spotify os 1.0.89.313.g34a58de

Right, I've done everything you've said and it seems to have worked.

But... and yes, theres a but. I had a hunch about something.

I plug my mac into a thunderbolt hub, with x2 usb's, hdmi cable etc as I use my laptop and an external monitor and also use an offical apple usb keyboard.

The glitch has stopped, but that's when I tested it when it wasn't plugged into the keyboard. The glitch didn't occur straight away, and has only happened once or twice with the usb keyboard over the last day or so. 

Let me stress test it again tomorrow? I'll uninstall and reinstall and hard restart my mac just to keep the test fair as last time.

JC

Hey @jamiecross_,

How did it go? Let us know and we'll take a closer look.

Another thing, does this happen with all playlists? Can you try with one of your own playlists as well as one of the ones created by Spotify?

Let us know the URI's of the playlists you've tried with. 

Thanks!

Hello,

Right. I've gone a full day without it happening now.

So I assume that this issue has been resolved, somehow.

Thank you!

Suggested posts