Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Chaining Proxy and VPN in mac

Hi everyone, Spotify is not accessible in my country, so I should use Proxy.The problem happens when I am in university in which I should use VPN to connect to the Internet, in this case, I use Proxy for the Web by setting it in advanced setting of V...

• Hi everyone,   Spotify is not accessible in my country, so I should use Proxy. The problem happens when I am in university in which I should use VPN to connect to the Internet, in this case, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug and workaround for adding songs to playlists in Spotify Mac 1.0.72.117

Since an update to Spotify Mac 1.0.72.117, I cannot add a song to any of my playlists after starting Spotify. The song drags, but no playlist will activate under it while dragging, and releasing it over a playlist will not add the song. This happens ...

• Regular
  • Since an update to Spotify Mac 1.0.72.117, I cannot add a song to any of my playlists after starting Spotify. The song drags, but no playlist will activate under it while dragging, and releasing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest version of Spotify is quite

Hello, I am Premium user and I have complain about the latest version of Spotify. It gets worse over 3 moth ago and keep going in this direction. When are you going to fix the sound quality and make it louder as it was? iTunes is louder than Spotify....

• Hello,    I am Premium user and I have complain about the latest version of Spotify. It gets worse over 3 moth ago and keep going in this direction. When are you going to fix the sound qu...
  • DarthJeffry
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Will only play 4 tracks from a playlist with over 1700 tracks

I have a playlist with over 1700 tracks. Whether on shuffle or not, Spotify will only play the four songs on top of the list. It will then stop. This playlist contains a mix of Spotify tracks and local filesThe playlist originally started as an impor...

• Regular
  • I have a playlist with over 1700 tracks. Whether on shuffle or not, Spotify will only play the four songs on top of the list. It will then stop.    This playlist contains a mix of Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Only able to import one iTunes playlist

I am attempting to switch over from Apple Music/iTunes to Spotify and want to import all my playlists from it.I got to File -> Import Playlists -> iTunes.It creates a folder called iTunes and places one playlist in it, with one grayed out song (presu...

• Casual Listener
  • I am attempting to switch over from Apple Music/iTunes to Spotify and want to import all my playlists from it. I got to File -> Import Playlists -> iTunes. It creates a folder called iTunes a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iTunes playlist import
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat button greyed out in spotify premium for Mac

I've had this problem since spotify updated a few days ago. I can still go to Playback > Repeat to repeat an entire playlist, but the button is greyed out and I can't repeat individual tracks. I've got Spotify version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b on Mac. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this problem since spotify updated a few days ago. I can still go to Playback > Repeat to repeat an entire playlist, but the button is greyed out and I can't repeat individual tracks. I'v...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Where is the repeat song/playlist button for free users on Mac Client??

It looks like the repeat button seems to have vanished in the recent update of the Mac Spotify app! Is anyone else facing the same issue? I had an update pushed to me this morning and the repeat button has gone since then. My spotify client version i...

• Casual Listener
  • It looks like the repeat button seems to have vanished in the recent update of the Mac Spotify app! Is anyone else facing the same issue? I had an update pushed to me this morning and the repeat butt...
  • narJh27
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause/Next Buttons dont work

I realized this morning that the 'pause' and 'next' buttons on my MacBook don't work with Spotify anymore? Tried restarting and everything and nothing helped!

• I realized this morning that the 'pause' and 'next' buttons on my MacBook don't work with Spotify anymore? Tried restarting and everything and nothing helped!
  • yagmurkiraz4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

TOLLFREE @@ 1-888-757-2531 Cryptopia phone number ##@@ cryptopia number ##phone number#G♣◘♦♣GGHTY

TOLLFREE @@ 1-888-757-2531 Cryptopia phone number ##@@ cryptopia number ##phone number#G♣◘♦♣GGHTYTOLLFREE @@ 1-888-757-2531 Cryptopia phone number ##@@ cryptopia number ##phone number#G♣◘♦♣GGHTYTOLLFREE @@ 1-888-757-2531 Cryptopia phone number ##@@ c...

• Regular
  • TOLLFREE @@ 1-888-757-2531 Cryptopia phone number  ##@@ cryptopia number ##phone number#G♣◘♦♣GGHTY TOLLFREE @@ 1-888-757-2531 Cryptopia phone number  ##@@ cryptopia number ##phone number#G...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cryptopia phone number
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to drag-and-drop / add songs to most of the playlists

Brief description of the issueFor several version I have had a problem with the desktop version of the Spotify where when trying to drag and drop songs to playlists it is not possible. When I drag the song to the name of the list in the side the gree...

• Regular
  • Brief description of the issue For several version I have had a problem with the desktop version of the Spotify where when trying to drag and drop songs to playlists it is not possible. When I drag ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is SHUFFLE still so poorly done?

As a Premium subscriber, I help fund the machine. And it's great - I listen to Spotify for many hours every day. But whatever platform I'm on, whether it's through an Echo, the Mac app, my iPhone or similar, there's one glaring consistency: The shuff...

• As a Premium subscriber, I help fund the machine. And it's great - I listen to Spotify for many hours every day. But whatever platform I'm on, whether it's through an Echo, the Mac app, my iPhone or ...
  • loudest
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I cannot make my playlists secret on phone or macbook app

I can't seem to be able to make my playlist's secret on either the desktop app, web app or phone app. I can, however, make them public. Please HALP!

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to be able to make my playlist's secret on either the desktop app, web app or phone app. I can, however, make them public.   Please HALP!
  • loudest
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist picture

How can I change the playlist pictures?

• How can I change the playlist pictures?
  • loudest
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends can't see anything

My friends follow my account but I don't show up on their feed. They also can't see any of my public playlists. HELP

• My friends follow my account but I don't show up on their feed. They also can't see any of my public playlists. HELP
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums available on device, but not desktop???

So, I listened to The Cure- "Staring at the Sea- The Singles" at work on my Android phone. On my Apple device and on my Apple desktop- "Staring at the Sea..." doesn't even show up as an available album from The Cure. Am I losing my mind or something?...

• So, I listened to The Cure- "Staring at the Sea- The Singles" at work on my Android phone.  On my Apple device and on my Apple desktop- "Staring at the Sea..." doesn't even show up as an availab...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Customize Play On Spotify Station

How do I customize play on Spotify station?I want station to be instrumental (no vocals), so I thumb-down every time I hear a vocal track on the Smooth Jazz station, although I may not always be around to do that.Seems like there's a lot more vocals ...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I customize play on Spotify station? I want station to be instrumental (no vocals), so I thumb-down every time I hear a vocal track on the Smooth Jazz station, although I may not always ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Pausing, Playing, Skipping Randomly while wearing headphones.

Hi there, I was just wondering if there was anything in settings or preferences where I can disable my headphone controls. I have headphones which work fine with everything else, but when using Spotify with them, the songs will randomly skip, play, o...

• Hi there, I was just wondering if there was anything in settings or preferences where I can disable my headphone controls. I have headphones which work fine with everything else, but when using Spoti...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to sort playlists on desktop?

I can do it on mobile app but not in the desktop app. Also, I'm curious why Spotify only limits 3,333 songs per device? Thanks!

• Roadie
  • I can do it on mobile app but not in the desktop app. Also, I'm curious why Spotify only limits 3,333 songs per device? Thanks!  
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Loading

I use the Spotify Desktop app on my macbook. It was working fine but today, the loading wheel just keeps on spinning. I have tried deleting every appsupport file, cache file, etc. and reinstalling Spotify. I have also tried this after restarting my c...

• I use the Spotify Desktop app on my macbook. It was working fine but today, the loading wheel just keeps on spinning. I have tried deleting every appsupport file, cache file, etc. and reinstalling Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer..."

I keep getting this message for random songs. I have switched off all Local Files settings. I have the latest version of Spotify 1.0.72.117.g6bd7cc73. Please help - this is not cool.

• I keep getting this message for random songs. I have switched off all Local Files settings. I have the latest version of Spotify 1.0.72.117.g6bd7cc73. Please help - this is not cool.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes