Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

playlist exchange

I've been trying to submit one of my playlists on the playlist exchange, but I keep on getting the message, "You must provide a valid Spotify URI **bleep**", and this happens for every single one of my playlists, can anyone help with this? Thanks!Spo...

• Visitor
  • I've been trying to submit one of my playlists on the playlist exchange, but I keep on getting the message, "You must provide a valid Spotify URI **bleep**", and this happens for every single one of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Disappeared - App will not reinstall

Spotify Desktop App for Mac disappeared without my help and now when ttrying to install the app again it gets hung-up at the end and will not complete. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Spotify Desktop App for Mac disappeared without my help and now when ttrying to install the app again it gets hung-up at the end and will not complete.  Anyone else experiencing this? 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Upper Display in Playlists is missing

Brief description of the issue: I cannot see anything in the top of the listing of any listing of album or playlist. See screenshot below.Steps to reproduce the issue: It just occurs. Basically after I click on a Playlist and I see the screen below. ...

• Brief description of the issue: I cannot see anything in the top of the listing of any listing of album or playlist. See screenshot below. Steps to reproduce the issue: It just occurs. Basically aft...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can an entire playlist be duplicated or copied and re-named?

I have a "private" playlist that I've previously shared with a friend (via email w Spotify by attaching link/url)Now I no longer want this friend to be able to access my playlist, but I don't want to delete the entire playlist. Is there a way to dupl...

• Visitor
  • I have a "private" playlist that I've previously shared with a friend (via email w Spotify by attaching link/url) Now I no longer want this friend to be able to access my playlist, but I don't want ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify playlist pictures

I just recently found out that youcan change the picture on your playlist, but do you have to be a Rock Star to be able to do that?

• I just recently found out that youcan change the picture on your playlist, but do you have to be a Rock Star to be able to do that?
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable open Spotify automatically

I am trying to disable "open Spotify automatically upon restart on Mac OS". However, every time I try to open a new instance of Spotify app, the setting defaults to open the app upon restart.

• I am trying to disable "open Spotify automatically upon restart on Mac OS". However, every time I try to open a new instance of Spotify app, the setting defaults to open the app upon restart.&nb...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no starred playlist - Where did my songs go?

I've been hitting the little heart on songs I like in my discover weekly, a little pop up comes up saying those songs have been saved in my library. Turns out I have been betrayed. There is no starred playlist, or "favorites" playlist that features t...

• I've been hitting the little heart on songs I like in my discover weekly, a little pop up comes up saying those songs have been saved in my library.  Turns out I have been betrayed. There is ...
  • Furan666
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify transpose

Hi,One of my playlists transpose first nine tracks but not the others three semitones, but only on my mac, not on other devices. What´s wrong? What can I do to change this?Dan

• Hi, One of my playlists transpose first nine tracks but not the others three semitones, but only on my mac, not on other devices. What´s wrong? What can I do to change this? Dan
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Mac - Cutting off end of ALL songs

Playing Spotify Premium through a desktop Apple Mac (running Mac OS High Sierra) and listening through a Ruark via WIFi. ALL songs cut off the last 2 or 3 seconds. Really irritating when you know the song or it has a non fade end. Tried reinstalling,...

• Casual Listener
  • Playing Spotify Premium through a desktop Apple Mac (running Mac OS High Sierra) and listening through a Ruark via WIFi. ALL songs cut off the last 2 or 3 seconds. Really irritating when you kno...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Covers

What was the first version of Spotify to allow the playlist covers to be updated?

• Visitor
  • What was the first version of Spotify to allow the playlist covers to be updated?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can a url on a private playlist be changed without deleting entire playlist?

I have a "private" playlist that I've previously shared with a friend (via email w Spotify by attaching link/url)Now I no longer want this friend to be able to access my playlist, but I don't want to delete the entire playlist. Is there a way to dupl...

• Visitor
  • I have a "private" playlist that I've previously shared with a friend (via email w Spotify by attaching link/url) Now I no longer want this friend to be able to access my playlist, but I don't want ...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing order of songs on a playlist - Can it be done?

I'm using a MacBook pro and an Iphone. Is it possible? This is a super basic feature when making a playlist.

• I'm using a MacBook pro and an Iphone. Is it possible? This is a super basic feature when making a playlist. 
  • themanofrod
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App .9.15.27

I am using OS 10.6.8. What is the newest Mac OS that supports .9.15.27? TIA.

• I am using OS 10.6.8. What is the newest Mac OS that supports .9.15.27? TIA.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac App: cant add current song from listening queue to playlist

I can't drag&drop the currently playing song from the listening queue view to a playlist, but i can drag&drop upcoming songs. Works as well from the listening history. reason for that or not implemented / bug?

• I can't drag&drop the currently playing song from the listening queue view to a playlist, but i can drag&drop upcoming songs. Works as well from the listening history.   reas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to follow a friend

I've never run into a problem like this before, but recently I've been trying to follow a friend of mine from out of the country and their name won't pop-up in the search results. I have also tried using the spotify:user: shortcut, but this doesn't w...

• I've never run into a problem like this before, but recently I've been trying to follow a friend of mine from out of the country and their name won't pop-up in the search results. I have also tried u...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mac randomly plays songs and skips by itself

Hey guys,I've been noticing this happen to my Spotify Desktop application for Mac OSX, and when I have the application open on my computer the app randomly starts playing songs in my playlist and even skipping to the next track without letting it fin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I've been noticing this happen to my Spotify Desktop application for Mac OSX, and when I have the application open on my computer the app randomly starts playing songs in my playlist and e...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

no internet connection error code:4

sigh ok its so frustrating I cant use Spotify on my mac or even pc cause I have to connect to the VPN so I can use Spotifycan someone please help me

• sigh ok its so frustrating I cant use Spotify on my mac or even pc cause I have to connect to the VPN so I can use Spotify can someone please help me
  • OBEROB
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pictures aren't loading

My spotify desktop app doesn't load pictures with the exception of album covers. What can I do to fix this?

• My spotify desktop app doesn't load pictures with the exception of album covers. What can I do to fix this?
  • Batyr
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Free app: Sound "cuts" on a MacBook Air

I use Spotify Free via the app on a MacBook Air and there are very annoying breif "cuts" in the sound, maybee three or four times per song. Why?

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify Free via the app on a MacBook Air and there are very annoying breif "cuts" in the sound, maybee three or four times per song. Why?
  • Itsabitza
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes