Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

asdfasdf

asdf

• Regular
  • asdf
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

geter

etert

• Regular
  • etert
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listeners in my network

Hi! I am wondering if this an issue with my spotify player or is spotify no longer showing the "Listeners in my network" anymore?

• Hi! I am wondering if this an issue with my spotify player or is spotify no longer showing the "Listeners in my network" anymore?
  • fergmarta
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify taking up 100% CPU power because of... announcements?

My laptop once again wanted to take flight and because only Spotify was running on it, I decided to try and find out what's causing this major CPU hit (has been happening for years now). I've found the culprit to be the announcements area which is so...

• My laptop once again wanted to take flight and because only Spotify was running on it, I decided to try and find out what's causing this major CPU hit (has been happening for years now). I've found t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i can't delete my local files

no matter what i do i can't delete my local files.i have completely unistanlled and then re-downloaded spotify following these steps: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/ but when i open my freshly downloaded version of s...

• Casual Listener
  • no matter what i do i can't delete my local files.i have completely unistanlled and then re-downloaded spotify following these steps: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not displaying artists header

Mine app is not showing header of each artist or playlist as it does on windows version. How do I fix that? I have OSX 10.11.6. Thanks in advance for help!

• Mine app is not showing header of each artist or playlist as it does on windows version. How do I fix that? I have OSX 10.11.6. Thanks in advance for help!
  • fcunningham01
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How could I export a stared list

Hello to all, I have a free account with a big stared list. How could I transfer stis list to my premium account? Thanks and best regards!

• Hello to all,   I have a free account with a big stared list. How could I transfer stis list to my premium account?   Thanks and best regards!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

serious concern - iTunes library still being read by Spotify DESPITE my preferences

i've switched from listening to my music through itunes to spotify. as a result, i deleted my entire itunes library to save space on my laptop. since, i have been unable to play any song that was previously in my itunes library in spotify until i re-...

• Visitor
  • i've switched from listening to my music through itunes to spotify. as a result, i deleted my entire itunes library to save space on my laptop.   since, i have been unable to play any son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I unlink Spotify with my iTunes/stuf on my computer?

I have a lot of stuff on my iTunes that I don't listen to. I downloaded Spotify because my friends all love it, but when I downloaded it, all the files in my iTunes showed up in my library! I can't delete them either. I don't want my friends going th...

• I have a lot of stuff on my iTunes that I don't listen to. I downloaded Spotify because my friends all love it, but when I downloaded it, all the files in my iTunes showed up in my library! I can't d...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify claims i am offline every time I try to use my VPN

I am clearly connected to the internet and it says I am offline just because I am using a VPN. I am connecting to California, which is where I live so it shouldn't be affected in the ways I've seen other people struggle with a VPN (aka setting your l...

• Casual Listener
  • I am clearly connected to the internet and it says I am offline just because I am using a VPN. I am connecting to California, which is where I live so it shouldn't be affected in the ways I've seen o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not stream songs that I own, but are stored on an unconnected external drive

I store all of my music,, ie itunes, on an external hard drive because my computer's internal one is too small. I do maintain a fairly large non-streaming library but sometimes I don't want to bother connecting my harddrive. For some reason, spotify ...

• I store all of my music,, ie itunes, on an external hard drive because my computer's internal one is too small. I do maintain a fairly large non-streaming library but sometimes I don't want to bother...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

dxfgvdvddfjdfdfdmnfmnffgerjfgjgrbgbjrbjgbjrbtgrgyydfgdr

tdgffedfekrfedrfedndfdfdfmsefsdjfsbjsbnfnvgsdnfnbdsfnsdfbdsbfcbdsfcbdsfbbdsmdsmnfbmmnasdbdmandasnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbsdsfbdnsmfbsdfmnadbnsadmnsdbmsamndbfdsmnfsnmsadmsandbndsfsdsddewdwwq

• tdgffedfekrfedrfedndfdfdfmsefsdjfsbjsbnfnvgsdnfnbdsfnsdfbdsbfcbdsfcbdsfbbdsmdsmnfbmmnasdbdmandasnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbsdsfbdnsmfbsdfmnadbnsadmnsdbmsamndbfdsmnfsnmsadmsandbndsfsdsddewdwwq
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

grsfhgs

gadgaa

• Casual Listener
  • gadgaa
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes