Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Can't play the current track

Hi, I started having this annoying problem.It seems that all of the tracks in a playlist that doesn't have the link icon behind them doesn't work.Tho the problem appears with some playlists, not all. The tracks that doesn't work in Spotify app work i...

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 9.30.41.png
  • Composer
  • Hi,   I started having this annoying problem. It seems that all of the tracks in a playlist that doesn't have the link icon behind them doesn't work. Tho the problem appears with some playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What features are missing that you used pre 1.x client?

I am compiling a list of features (in no order of importance) that you see missing from the new 1.x client. Please list features you used in the client pre version 1.0 and are now missing. I'll start by listing some that I am missing or have noticed:...

• Casual Listener
  • I am compiling a list of features (in no order of importance) that you see missing from the new 1.x client. Please list features you used in the client pre version 1.0 and are now missing. I'll start...
  • TRobosson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Radio Stations missing from account

I started adding artists on spotify to my account yesterday originally on a Windows OS. Today I was looking through my radio stations onmy laptop MAC OS and noticed multiple artists missing from my account. I am not sure if this is just a buggy issue...

• Casual Listener
  • I started adding artists on spotify to my account yesterday originally on a Windows OS. Today I was looking through my radio stations  onmy laptop MAC OS and noticed multiple artists missing fro...
  • TariOkah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Opens Automatically when Itunes Opens after Upgrade

This is going to be a huge problem for me - it seems like now Spotify opens automatically whenever I open itunes or add music to my itunes collection. I don't see any way to prevent this from happening with the preferences menu and if this persists I...

• Casual Listener
  • This is going to be a huge problem for me - it seems like now Spotify opens automatically whenever I open itunes or add music to my itunes collection.  I don't see any way to prevent this from h...
  • ahirsch511
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

PLAYLIST AREN'T UPDATED

Hello... i m going crazy.... please help me. My playlist aren't sync with itunes. everywhere I look they say the solution is file-import playlist... but this option isn't available to me (my version is updated already). when I go File- i only have tw...

• Hello... i m going crazy....   please help me.        My playlist aren't sync with itunes.    everywhere I look they say the solution is file-import playlis...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain tracks won't play

Lately certain songs and albums from a couple of the bands I have saved will not play. It will get to the song and just sit there. This is an issue because I run an online radio station and I use my Spotify to play music. Sometimes I leave it going s...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately certain songs and albums from a couple of the bands I have saved will not play. It will get to the song and just sit there. This is an issue because I run an online radio station and I use my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists as lists of songs gone, can I still find it?

On Android you can still open a playlist and see the list of songs within it. On the desktop (mac) now you only have lists of albums or if you look at the qeue icon you get a partial list of the songs. Removing functioanlity is always a bitter pill. ...

• Roadie
  • On Android you can still open a playlist and see the list of songs within it. On the desktop (mac) now you only have lists of albums or if you look at the qeue icon you get a partial list of the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of apps

BAD Move.The apps is the main reason I use spotify rather than other services with superior sound quality!!!!Off I go!!!

• Casual Listener
  • BAD Move. The apps is the main reason I use spotify rather than other services with superior sound quality!!!! Off I go!!!  
  • DaveKiwi
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Messages Intermittently Working

So, since the latest upgrade, my messages sometimes work, sometimes do not. The error is that no one has sent me messages, sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure this has been logged before, however it is now getting to ridiculous ...

• So, since the latest upgrade, my messages sometimes work, sometimes do not. The error is that no one has sent me messages, sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure this has been logg...
  • smallseb
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How Do I Get Back to Old Activity Feed?

Soooo, I have been using old versions of Spotify for the old activity feed for about a month and a half now. Frankly, this is the only thing that has kept me hanging on to Spotify since the overhaul. I will not rehash how the activity feed was one of...

• Visitor
  • Soooo, I have been using old versions of Spotify for the old activity feed for about a month and a half now. Frankly, this is the only thing that has kept me hanging on to Spotify since the overhaul....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music available one day, greyed out the next

Specifically The Wizard of Oz soundtrack (original movie) which is my daughter's favorite. All of a sudden today it is not available. Is this correct? Could the label have pulled it from spotify? I have premium and am based in the US. Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Specifically The Wizard of Oz soundtrack (original movie) which is my daughter's favorite.  All of a sudden today it is not available.   Is this correct? Could the label have pulled it f...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play an album

I have been trying to play the album Earth To America by Widespread Panic but it will not play. On my Iphone Spotify will not find the album. If I search the album on google, i press the link that opens Spotify but it will still not play. The web bro...

• I have been trying to play the album Earth To America by Widespread Panic but it will not play. On my Iphone Spotify will not find the album. If I search the album on google, i press the link that op...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Noobb question, following artists

Hi, I have never really used spotify before but am looking to start using it properly and have signed up for a premium account. I have over 100000 songs on my PC and the same songs on my phone. I know the apps can play local files but is there a way ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have never really used spotify before but am looking to start using it properly and have signed up for a premium account.   I have over 100000 songs on my PC and the same songs ...
  • Ydarb
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to access Preferences when "offline"

After the update a few weeks ago, I've noticed that I cannot access the Preferences panel when I'm offline anymore. This is very very annoying as my school uses a proxy and I have to manually enter the proxy information into the Preferences in order ...

• After the update a few weeks ago, I've noticed that I cannot access the Preferences panel when I'm offline anymore.   This is very very annoying as my school uses a proxy and I have to manuall...
  • hongymagic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Playing song till the end

I have trouble playing certain song till the end the first i played it it just stop after 2min ever since i have that problem i try it on android phone same thing on my window pc and on my mac pro i dont know what to do

• I have trouble playing certain song till the end  the first i played it it just stop after 2min ever since i have that problem  i try it on android phone same thing on my window pc and on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Have to quit and restart spotify to see any changes

When I queue things or rearrange my queue, the changes I made won't show up unless I quit and start it over. I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it, but that did not work. Please help.

• Regular
  • When I queue things or rearrange my queue, the changes I made won't show up unless I quit and start it over. I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it, but that did not work. Please help.
  • DarcieMarie23
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[RESOLVE] Can´t see my songs when I´m on mac! [SOLUTION]

I have Spotify Premium and I can not see my songs when I'm on my Macbook Pro. On the other hand, if I can see them when I'm on my iPhone 6 or My Computer Desktop with Windows. I need to fix it soon.Thank you ! EDIT: The team helped me with the follow...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and I can not see my songs when I'm on my Macbook Pro.   On the other hand, if I can see them when I'm on my iPhone 6 or My Computer Desktop with Windows.   I nee...
  • guldenaar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download times out

Hi everyone, I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 on MacBook Air.Spotify was having serious connection/network issues so I deleted the app. When I run the installation package, there is a dialogue box that tells me Spotify is downloading, and the reques...

• Hi everyone,   I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 on MacBook Air. Spotify was having serious connection/network issues so I deleted the app. When I run the installation package, there is a dia...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

1.0.1.1060... - Network share prevents loading

I have a network share that's in my "login items" on Mac. If the machine thats serving the share is not online, no problem i usually get a "cannot connect to network drive" message upon login to my mac and thats the end of that. With the new update i...

• I have a network share that's in my "login items" on Mac. If the machine thats serving the share is not online, no problem i usually get a "cannot connect to network drive" message upon login to...
  • chriswerner
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow and sometimes not playing on Mac/iPad/iPhone every evening

Hi All ! Since using Spotify (premium) I do have the problem that the system is very slow (searching, discovering new songs and even playing some songs which are not stored in offline playlists - these songs stop sometimes for several seconds before ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All !   Since using Spotify (premium) I do have the problem that the system is very slow (searching, discovering new songs and even playing some songs which are not stored in offline...
  • Fugitivo82
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes