Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Any way to play songs remotely on your iphone from your mac?

I like to sit on my bed and listen to music, but my speaker (which aren't wireless) are at my desk. If I left my iPhone on my desk, plugged in to the speakers, is there any way to play spotify tracks on it from my mac?

• Visitor
  • I like to sit on my bed and listen to music, but my speaker (which aren't wireless) are at my desk.   If I left my iPhone on my desk, plugged in to the speakers, is there any way to play spoti...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays subsequent track in play list instead of one selected....

DescriptionIn a long(ish) playlist (1800 odd songs) some times when I select a specific track to play it plays the next track. A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. When I first open the play list or hit play on my keyboard it usually p...

• Casual Listener
  • Description In a long(ish) playlist (1800 odd songs) some times when I select a specific track to play it plays the next track.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. When I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG REPORT: Crossfade issue causes Spotify to stop loading tracks

I usually don't do this but as I am part of the OS X beta program, I thought I'd try to be helpful for once. Hardware: MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GhzModel #: A1398 OS Version: 10.10.3 BetaBuild: 14D130a Spotify Version: 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe Other OS's effecte...

• I usually don't do this but as I am part of the OS X beta program, I thought I'd try to be helpful for once.    Hardware: MacBook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz Model #: A1398   OS Version: 10.10...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Horribly needed features: 1) Ability to see if track is already in playlist 2) Jump to current song

Hello...I'm wondering why the following features are omit from the latest version of Spotify and ignored, despite obvious need for them and many requests here in the forum: 1) A way to tell if a track has already been saved in a playlist. I can't ima...

• Roadie
  • Hello...I'm wondering why the following features are omit from the latest version of Spotify and ignored, despite obvious need for them and many requests here in the forum:   1) A way to ...
  • needforname
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Mac Client lags, reacts slowly and does not play/stream all songs which are in my local library

Hi, for years, I was a happy spotify premium customer. The support, the clients, the huge ammount of music. Anything was great, but recently, the issues and problems grew more and more and I am really thinking about to leave to another streaming serv...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, for years, I was a happy spotify premium customer. The support, the clients, the huge ammount of music. Anything was great, but recently, the issues and problems grew more and more and I am reall...
  • Ingo_pr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ADS error Spotify Premium MAC OS

Hi Guys,for some days, i've an error on Spotify Premium,When i open it, show that I've tried to re-install it, but error there's still HELP!

• Hi Guys, for some days, i've an error on Spotify Premium, When i open it, show that     I've tried to re-install it, but error there's still   HELP!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs not playing anymore on latest iMac spotify

Latest update version (1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe) has a bug on the imac.Some songs (example mr.Probz/Nothing realiy matters) don't play. They stick on 0.00Re-installation did not solve the problem. However no problem with the latest windows update.

• Casual Listener
  • Latest update version (1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe) has a bug on the imac. Some songs (example mr.Probz/Nothing realiy matters) don't play. They stick on 0.00 Re-installation did not solve the problem. How...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No menu option to "Import Playlists"

I have Premium and I want to transfer my iTunes playlists. Most of the online discussions point to "File "--> "Import Playlist" --> "iTunes". There is no such option in my desktop Spotify. Under "File" I only have the options "Close Window" and "Logo...

• I have Premium and I want to transfer my iTunes playlists. Most of the online discussions point to "File "--> "Import Playlist" --> "iTunes".   There is no such option in my desktop Spot...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Large number of tracks will not play / reinstall no good on Mac Pro OS X 10.8.5

Having been a premium subscriber to Spotify for the better part of 2 years, I've become infuriated with the desktop version of the app on my Mac Pro. Every update has worsened my experience. I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and had to revert to Spotify version...

• Having been a premium subscriber to Spotify for the better part of 2 years, I've become infuriated with the desktop version of the app on my Mac Pro.  Every update has worsened my experience. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't show available musiXmatch lyrics

Hello guys! First of all (just to avoid confusion): I'm not writing about songs that have no lyrics available in the musiXmatch database. I noticed that the Spotify-integrated musiXmatch shows quite often a message (see attached screenshot) that no l...

• Regular
  • Hello guys!   First of all (just to avoid confusion): I'm not writing about songs that have no lyrics available in the musiXmatch database.   I noticed that the Spotify-integrated ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify auto starts against my will

When I start my computer Mcbook (Os X 10.10.2) Spotify auto starts. I don´t want that. I have: Checked the settings under Preferences in Spotify. (Autostart off)I have right klicked on the dock-symbol and checked that setting.I have checked Settings ...

• Regular
  • When I start my computer Mcbook (Os X 10.10.2) Spotify auto starts. I don´t want that. I have:   Checked the settings under Preferences in Spotify. (Autostart off) I have right klicked on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! applescript 'play track' command still not working

It appears in the Spotify applescript dictionary as an accepted term, only it doesn't actually DO anything anymore. No error, just nothing. This is after fixing the .plist applescript redirect error described in other threads: https://community.spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • It appears in the Spotify applescript dictionary as an accepted term, only it doesn't actually DO anything anymore.  No error, just nothing.     This is after fixing the .plist apple...
  • jdavidr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Logging in to Musixmatch using Google quits the Spotify application

When in the new lyrics view, I click "Report" and then "Wrong lyrics", check the agreement box and then select to log in through Google. This will send me to Google login in the same window, after which I enter my two-factor code, which presents me w...

• When in the new lyrics view, I click "Report" and then "Wrong lyrics", check the agreement box and then select to log in through Google. This will send me to Google login in the same window, after wh...
  • andreasg201
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Plays wrong song, displays incorrect artwork

Is anyone else having an issue where they select to play one song and a completely different album begins to play? Then no matter which song I select, Spotify plays a different one by the same artist, telling me it's the one I selected. Also, incorre...

• Casual Listener
  • Is anyone else having an issue where they select to play one song and a completely different album begins to play? Then no matter which song I select, Spotify plays a different one by the same artist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not staying logged in even with remember me selected

I get logged out each time I boot up the Mac. This only started happening after the recent update.

• Casual Listener
  • I get logged out each time I boot up the Mac. This only started happening after the recent update.
  • jenxi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Updates in playlists not marked anymore

It was so great that Spotify indicated how many new tracks are in each of my playlists that I follow (e.g. 3 new tracks in Playlist A, 13 new tracks in playlist B...) Now this feature has been deleted.... Why?

• Roadie
  • It was so great that Spotify indicated how many new tracks are in each of my playlists that I follow (e.g. 3 new tracks in Playlist A, 13 new tracks in playlist B...)   Now this feature h...
  • janblasco
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, why do you continuously break basic features in new versions?

Hello everyone, I have the uncontrollable urge to start this debate, and I hope the Spotify team also steps in and gives us an explanation. Why are essential features being removed every time there is a major update in Spotify? Everytime this happens...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone,   I have the uncontrollable urge to start this debate, and I hope the Spotify team also steps in and gives us an explanation.   Why are essential features being removed ...
  • Musical4Ever
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 'Send feedback' function removed: Are you serious?

Since every Spotify update nowadays removes functions instead of adding or fixing them, I was kind of getting used it. But removing the ability to let your paying customers send you (possibly bad) feedback about it is even for Spotify more than bold....

• Regular
  • Since every Spotify update nowadays removes functions instead of adding or fixing them, I was kind of getting used it.  But removing the ability to let your paying customers send you (possibly ...
  • awzc
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Occasional bad quality on some records. Tool to flag them for power users?

"My Kind of Love" by Emeli Sandé sounds extremely bad. I guess it is some kind of error from the studio who sent the file, which was uploaded. Happens, probably not Spotify's mistake, but it is so bad that it is nearly not listenable. Please fix it. ...

• Gig Goer
  • "My Kind of Love" by Emeli Sandé sounds extremely bad. I guess it is some kind of error from the studio who sent the file, which was uploaded. Happens, probably not Spotify's mistake,  but it is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes