Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

deleting songs from library

Solved!

deleting songs from library

There are all these RANDOM songs in my library that I can't get rid of!

Help.

28 Replies

Hey, I have been through this a few times, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I added the track from my "local files" to my "library" then I lost all the data on that computer, But now I have 3 songs that I just can not get rid of in my library, I've tried adding the same songs to my library again, but then i just end up with duplicates.

Is there something I missed in the explenation of how to fix this?

Please help. 🙂

There is no Spotify menu at the top of the screen on my macbook air.  There is also no "title" over the song titles or "artist" label over the artists, which is another way I've seen suggested to re-order or delete songs.  

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 9.16.54 AM.png

How to delete accidental downloads? Or do I give up and leave them there, focusing on playlists?

I have this problem too. These are not local files. They are from Spotify and even though I click remove they never leave. As you will see from the attached photo, these are listed under Songs... not LOCAL files.

Anyone know how to get rid of these?

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 1.12.40 PM.png

I can't find preferences?

"I have this problem too. These are not local files. They are from Spotify and even though I click remove they never leave. As you will see from the attached photo, these are listed under Songs... not LOCAL files.

Anyone know how to get rid of these?"

I have the exact same problem!

Did you ever figure it out?

Just in case anyone was trying to remove songs they had added to My Library that are not local files, simply (in the Windows app) hold left shift while clicking the first and last entry you want removed.

This will select those two and all between, then you can right click one of the highlighted entries and choose remove from library.

I see the local files section, but there is no list of music and nothing to select!?   Using a MacBook.  

A whole bunch of songs that I deleted from a playlist went to "Hidden." How do I delete them completely?

Suggested posts