Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my playlist are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC)

Solved!

my playlist are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC)

Hi, every one!

I am desperate... all my playlists are empty and cannot listen to any song in my spotify desktop (MAC). I try to uninstall spotify hundred of time but is not working.. I think I changed something by mistake and now I cannot listen to anything... The thing is that I can listen to then on the website and also on my phone app.

I would really appreciate if you can help me!

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mirilla,

Did you try adding sudo to the nano command?

If not try adding it then try saving the file again.

If you're still having issues use the second method, drag the hosts file out of the original folder, do the edits and save them then move it back.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Mirilla, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer?

Thanks 🙂

Thank you very much for trying to help me. I`ve tried what you said, but the problem is that I cannot save the file after changing the document in the terminal...

It seems that my computer cannot find the folder when I try to save it...

do you have any idea why?

thank you so much!! really!

Marked as solution

Hey @Mirilla,

Did you try adding sudo to the nano command?

If not try adding it then try saving the file again.

If you're still having issues use the second method, drag the hosts file out of the original folder, do the edits and save them then move it back.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

I tried the second option "drag the hosts file out of the original folder, do the edits and save them then move it back." and it worked!! Finally, I got back all my music! Thank you so much for your help! I have been trying for a while and I was kind of desperate! Thanks again!

Suggested posts