1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Solved!
Highlighted

1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Casual Listener

Hi there, the recent update of 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc has caused Toastify's global shortcut keys function to stop working. The global hotkey function is absolutely important to me as I am mostly working on my laptop in fullscreen mode and I do not have dedicated multimedia buttons to toggle between tracks.

Edit Update: As this problem has already been resolved by the good efforts of @aleab , I am pinning a link here to those who are interested to make contributions to his volunteer effort. Thanks

https://aleab.github.io/toastify/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Regular

EDIT: You can find the latest release of Toastify here.

As @goldstar2154 said, I've just release a new version of Toastify that fixes the hotkeys problem without breaking anything else, hopefully 🙂. In case it did break something I didn't manage to fix during my tests, please open an issue report here.

View solution in original post

62 Replies
Highlighted

Roadie

Same issue...

Highlighted

I reverted to previous Spotify version 1.0.74.380.g1fcff12a, and it works for now. But I hope that it will work with new version shortly.

Highlighted

Roadie

Try

https://autohotkey.com/download/

Works pretty well for me

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Autohotkey looks a little more complicated than Toastify.  How do you set it up?

Highlighted

Roadie

yes...its more tricky to configure... (but you only have to do once and the keys works for others programs tooo)

I followed this
https://superuser.com/questions/278951/my-keyboard-has-no-media-keys-can-i-control-media-without-the...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That one does work!  I was trying to follow this guide with no luck.  I miss the little notification window toastify would pop up, but this will do it until toastify works again.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I tried rolling back inlcuding the steps to prevent autoupdates, it did work for awhile. But this morning it autoupdated again somehow....frustrating, i'll probably give autohotkeys here a try if it isn't too hard.

Highlighted

Music Fan

I hope someone with right skills could pick up Toastify or make a new tool.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the exact same issue, and I'm really pisssssssssst! about this. Why can't spotify just provide us, this built in rather than breaking third party software that we are forced to get to fix this issue. HOW isn't this done by now?

HELLOOOOOOO!?

SUGGESTED POSTS