Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Had to start a new account

i had a system failer on my computer when i got everything back in order my spotify and hulu was gone i cant find it and i already paid for the student discount price for them both. it has been about a week and a half

• i had a system failer on my computer when i got everything back in order my spotify and hulu was gone i cant find it and i already paid for the student discount price for them both. it has been about...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium account - tracks with distortion

Dear Spotify Developers, Staff & Money makers, Recently I started noticing distortion in some of the tracks I listen to. This is extremely inconvenient and something I could expect when using a free account, but not when paying for a service at a pre...

• Regular
  • Dear Spotify Developers, Staff & Money makers,   Recently I started noticing distortion in some of the tracks I listen to. This is extremely inconvenient and something I could expect when ...
  • Butidontwanna
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes

Search bar broken?

Is it just me och is the serach bar broken?When I try to search it won't even try to load anything, just shows my recent searchs...I tried re-installing, but that didn't help...

• Is it just me och is the serach bar broken? When I try to search it won't even try to load anything, just shows my recent searchs... I tried re-installing, but that didn't help... 
  • geneqware
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Why this song can't be played?

https://open.spotify.com/track/0F0Ix2XwPnAix9rdmSQGSZ is it removed?

• Casual Listener
  • https://open.spotify.com/track/0F0Ix2XwPnAix9rdmSQGSZ   is it removed?
  • MJ01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows does not play music with my Chord Hugo 2 connected

Hello, when I have the Chord Hugo 2 connected and choosen at the sound and start Spotify it won't play the music but instead it is jumping trough the tracks. When I however change it to another sound device and then change back to the Hugo 2 then it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   when I have the Chord Hugo 2 connected and choosen at the sound and start Spotify it won't play the music but instead it is jumping trough the tracks. When I however change it to anot...
  • 123sheep
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist keeps playing the new titles

Everytime i want to listen to some music from my playlist and i press on shuffle spotify keeps playing all the new titles I recently added before actually randomly playing all titles. Could need some help.

• Everytime i want to listen to some music from my playlist and i press on shuffle spotify keeps playing all the new titles I recently added before actually randomly playing all titles. Could need some...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[URGENT] playlist time malfunction

recently my spotify playlist time things (where it tells you how long a playlist is) is malfunctioning! this is only for my own playlists as others seem to be looking fine. for example: one of my playlists would say that 78 songs take about 4 hours w...

• Visitor
  • recently my spotify playlist time things (where it tells you how long a playlist is) is malfunctioning! this is only for my own playlists as others seem to be looking fine.    for example...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    duration
    Fix
    Help
    nowork
    problem
    songs
    time
    viewing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist got deleted

I need help my playlist I've had for two years was deleted and it wasn't me how can I get it back?

• I need help my playlist I've had for two years was deleted and it wasn't me how can I get it back?
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Drag and Drop not working in 1.0.75.483 .g7ff4a0dc

Hello,Spotify updated itself and all functionality including drag and drop is not working anymore. It's not possible to rearrange songs nor to drag a song into a playlist. RegardsHeiko

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Spotify updated itself and all functionality including drag and drop is not working anymore. It's not possible to rearrange songs nor to drag a song into a playlist.   Regards Heiko
  • Heikoles
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't pop up in the Control Panel

I got a new harddrive a couple of days ago, and now that I have downloaded spotify, it won't pop up in the Control Panel. I'm unsure of what to do about this issue, since it does show up as an application in my Task Manager. Spotify doesn't seem to h...

• I got a new harddrive a couple of days ago, and now that I have downloaded spotify, it won't pop up in the Control Panel. I'm unsure of what to do about this issue, since it does show up as an applic...
  • Opportunist
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops working after leaving a game

Weird problem, it appeared first time today after i ended up a match in a game. I heared a windows sound just like i unpluged something but i didnt, i even heared the ingame sound! Then the music disappeared and after a few mins it went back on? Its ...

• Regular
  • Weird problem, it appeared first time today after i ended up a match in a game. I heared a windows sound just like i unpluged something but i didnt, i even heared the ingame sound! Then the music dis...
  • Opportunist
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can Spotify play from local files on my PC?

I am new to spotify, previously I have always used purchaed music on itunes. I have lots of MP3 files on my PC I would like to add to my library, when I told Spotify where they are it added them to 'local files' and not to my list of artists/songs et...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to spotify, previously I have always used purchaed music on itunes.    I have lots of MP3 files on my PC I would like to add to my library, when I told Spotify where they are it ...
  • chrislisi1982
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Downloading Spotify on alcatel 2067x possible

Hi.. i was just wondering if i could download spotify on an old alcatel 2067x fliptop phone? If so, how?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.. i was just wondering if i could download spotify on an old alcatel 2067x fliptop phone?    If so, how?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover art not showing for certain local files.

There is a bug that appeared in the newest version of PC Desktop Spotify (1.0.75.483) that causes the cover art to not show up on certain local files. When playing a song with cover art that doesn't work, Spotify will instead show the cover art of th...

• Casual Listener
  • There is a bug that appeared in the newest version of PC Desktop Spotify (1.0.75.483) that causes the cover art to not show up on certain local files. When playing a song with cover art that doesn't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes

Song shorter on Windows than Android

I don't know what going on. The same song is longer when I'm listening on my phone.

• Regular
  • I don't know what going on.  The same song is longer when I'm listening on my phone.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Huawei P10 lite
    Song length
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Devices do not have the same songs in Spotify

I use Spotify on my work laptop, my phone and my private laptop.Work and phone are all good, I added several new songs recently. Coming home, I notice that the last 10 songs I added are nowhere to be found in my list of added songs, any ways to fix t...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify on my work laptop, my phone and my private laptop. Work and phone are all good, I added several new songs recently.   Coming home, I notice that the last 10 songs I added are no...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Sporatically pauses, sets itself to shuffle, changes to songs to genres i never listen to

been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family.Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own.i havent reached the end of an album when it does this, so its ...

• Casual Listener
  • been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family. Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own. i ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Create a playlist with equivalent songs from local files

I, i was hable to copy my local music to a playlist and it would create a playlist with similar songs from Spotify a few years ago, i can't find how to that now.I don't want to sync/send my local music to the Spotify server, i want to get equivalent ...

• Casual Listener
  • I, i was hable to copy my local music to a playlist and it would create a playlist with similar songs from Spotify a few years ago, i can't find how to that now. I don't want to sync/send my lo...
  • MrGikho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Entire 500GB music library lost. Can I get it back on spotify?

Hello, if anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. So, my itunes application, and all the library files were kept on my SSD (C:) All my music was stored on my HDD (D:). Suddenly, my entire HDD was erased and there was no backup. So:...

• Hello, if anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.   So, my itunes application, and all the library files were kept on my SSD (C:)   All my music was stored on my...
  • Opportunist
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find a fix for the volume fluctuations

I can't seem to find a solution to fix the Spotify volume fluctuations on my Windows 10 machine. I've tried turning Beats Audio on and off, turning hardware acceleration on and off, turned "same volume level for all songs" on and off. I've tried rein...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to find a solution to fix the Spotify volume fluctuations on my Windows 10 machine.   I've tried turning Beats Audio on and off, turning hardware acceleration on and off, turned "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes