Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

The songs on the album Loud City Song by Julia Holter don't play properly

I was trying to listen to this album but for some reason it's giving me problems. After a few seconds of playback the song will begin to jump forward as though it is a skipping record, and after a few of these jumps the Spotify player will skip to th...

• I was trying to listen to this album but for some reason it's giving me problems. After a few seconds of playback the song will begin to jump forward as though it is a skipping record, and after a fe...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes on Playlist Edit??

Hello all, so I've started up a new account here and I've made a playlist... https://open.spotify.com/user/finn-smyth/playlist/6Q5lBzm0nCLm0RFKe9sG6q?si=51GPUzVxQ9-Ojt9jLGq4zQ (a work in progress tell me what you think) The issue is that I'd like to ...

Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (2).png
  • Hello all, so I've started up a new account here and I've made a playlist... https://open.spotify.com/user/finn-smyth/playlist/6Q5lBzm0nCLm0RFKe9sG6q?si=51GPUzVxQ9-Ojt9jLGq4zQ (a work in pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Finn-smyth
    ya-boi
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Spotify a malware or no?

When I installed Spotify, I checked if it was a virus, and... there are too many posts saying Spotify is a virus, Spotify contains adwares...So I need to know: is Spotify a virus or no? VirusTotal says that Spotify can be a virus (Trojan-GameThief fo...

• Casual Listener
  • When I installed Spotify, I checked if it was a virus, and... there are too many posts saying Spotify is a virus, Spotify contains adwares... So I need to know: is Spotify a virus or no? VirusTotal ...
  • CreatorMan2006
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Buffering Issues

Hello, I'm a premium member running Spotify on windows 10, and I have great internet speed and connection. At times, spotify randomly has to buffer and then when it plays it will probably play for ten more seconds and then stops and says "can't play ...

•  Hello, I'm a premium member running Spotify on windows 10, and I have great internet speed and connection. At times, spotify randomly has to buffer and then when it plays it will probably play ...
  • NicoDominique
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

"Can't play the current song."

This morning, songs randomly pause and will not resume. An error bar pops up near the top that states "Can't play the current song.". This has occurred over a dozen times on different songs and artists.

• Casual Listener
  • This morning, songs randomly pause and will not resume.  An error bar pops up near the top that states "Can't play the current song.".   This has occurred over a dozen times on diffe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes

Bug / feature downgrade: Limited add-to-playlist

There seems to be a default cap on the number of playlists displayed when right-clicking a song on PC to add to a playlist. In other words, I can't add songs to the playlists I want, because they are not displayed through right-clicking a song. I can...

• There seems to be a default cap on the number of playlists displayed when right-clicking a song on PC to add to a playlist. In other words, I can't add songs to the playlists I want, because the...
  • rol18
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Remove Daily Mix

Is there any way to delete a daily mix? Some guy got into my account for a few weeks without me realizing and listened to a bunch of French music that I have absolutly zero interest in and Spotify formed a daily mix for him. Since I've gotten rid of ...

• Visitor
  • Is there any way to delete a daily mix? Some guy got into my account for a few weeks without me realizing and listened to a bunch of French music that I have absolutly zero interest in and Spotify fo...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Playing songs deleted off playlist

Whenever I use spotify on the desktop, it plays songs that I put on my playlist but then I deleted oof of it. Also it gives me unlimited skips even though i dont have premium or the free trial. It still shows ads though.

• Whenever I use spotify on the desktop, it plays songs that I put on my playlist but then I deleted oof of it. Also it gives me unlimited skips even though i dont have premium or the free trial. It st...
  • taylor_heaton
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available, windows 10 store edition, specific track

I have been trying to get this specific song to play in my spotify local files, it appears but won't play and shows me the song not available error. Its the omen (vicetone remix) which is available for free since its a remix. Why does this song not w...

• I have been trying to get this specific song to play in my spotify local files, it appears but won't play and shows me the song not available error. Its the omen (vicetone remix) which is available f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I CAN'T INSTALL SPOTIFY

So, I've had this issue for a really long time and yet nobody has given me a solution. Everytime I download the SpotifySetup form the webpage and try to open it a window appears saying: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You ...

• Regular
  • So, I've had this issue for a really long time and yet nobody has given me a solution. Everytime I download the SpotifySetup form the webpage and try to open it a window appears saying: "Windows cann...
  • JairoVR
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Install
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some albums just got suddenly deleted

Hello there, as the title says some albums just disappeared for me. For instance Holy War by Thy Art is Murder, Earthbound by Bury Tomorrow, Repentless by Slayer, Bloodstone & Diamonds by Machine Head... Those are just few I noticed. And not only for...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, as the title says some albums just disappeared for me. For instance Holy War by Thy Art is Murder, Earthbound by Bury Tomorrow, Repentless by Slayer, Bloodstone & Diamonds by Machine...
  • Slayer707
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Can't arrange song orders in playlist

I have recently had a problem where I can't arrange songs in any order I want in my playlists. I used to just be able to drag them around and change them in which order I wanted but that's not possible anymore. Now when I try draging songs nothing ha...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently had a problem where I can't arrange songs in any order I want in my playlists. I used to just be able to drag them around and change them in which order I wanted but that's not possib...
  • ewallin13
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save to Your Music VS Add to Playlist

When saving a song or an album, is it better to first save to Your Music and then create a Playlist or just create a Playlist without saving to Your Music? I started by only saving songs to a playlist, but then I realized that if I deleted a playlist...

• When saving a song or an album, is it better to first save to Your Music and then create a Playlist or just create a Playlist without saving to Your Music?     I started by only saving so...
  • inconnu
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 instant crash after login

After I login into my spotify account (I do not own premium) it instantly crashes. It just crashes with the programms - Desktop Store App and the other one. Spotify works fine on my handy and in the web player. I googled many solutions but nothing ch...

• After I login into my spotify account (I do not own premium) it instantly crashes. It just crashes with the programms - Desktop Store App and the other one. Spotify works fine on my handy and in the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • crash after login
    instant crash after login
    login crash
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

al local in a playlist

Hey guys! Is there a way to put all my local music files in my playlist? The only way I see is to add every song one by one in the list. But... there must be a better way?

• Hey guys!   Is there a way to put all my local music files in my playlist? The only way I see is to add every song one by one in the list. But... there must be a better way?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Local Files to my Desktop

I had some local file songs I'm trying to get onto my phone. I started by adding them to a separate playlist on my computer and trying to download them offline there first. For the last two hours all it says is "Waiting..." and won't download this pl...

• I had some local file songs I'm trying to get onto my phone. I started by adding them to a separate playlist on my computer and trying to download them offline there first. For the last two hours all...
  • MikeOrtiz
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting and limited cache size

HiIs it safe to delete the cache files in the windows spotify app, only now that you have removed the limit setting. its growing to stupid sizes. currently over 8GB!So, is it safe to delete them? and is there a way to limit it in the future.

• Music Fan
  • Hi Is it safe to delete the cache files in the windows spotify app, only now that you have removed the limit setting. its growing to stupid sizes. currently over 8GB! So, is it safe to delete them?...
  • zigmas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Impossible to create a shortcut in my Windows menu

HelloAs indicated in the subject, I do not anymore manage since a few days to create a shortcut of Spotify either in my menu to start or in my taskbar. Two days ago, the shortcut of the menu to start suddenly disappeared. I am grateful to cross every...

• Hello As indicated in the subject, I do not anymore manage since a few days to create a shortcut of Spotify either in my menu to start or in my taskbar. Two days ago, the shortcut of the menu to sta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when removing a playlist picture

When i remove a cover picture I've previously added to a playlist and save without putting up another picture spotify crashes, everytime. My spotify version is 1.0.24.104.g92a22684 and I'm on a 64bit windows 7

• When i remove a cover picture I've previously added to a playlist and save without putting up another picture spotify crashes, everytime.   My spotify version is 1.0.24.104.g92a22684 and I'm o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    Playlist Cover
    Playlist Cover image change
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

desktop app for windows (8) wont uninstall

so a few minutes ago i was on the spotify desktop app and there was a notification, so i clicked on it and it said that there was an update availible so i pressed it to dowload it but then it said i didnt have enough storage. so i decided to uninstal...

• Casual Listener
  • so a few minutes ago i was on the spotify desktop app and there was a notification, so i clicked on it and it said that there was an update availible so i pressed it to dowload it but then it said i ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes