Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Non riesco a visualizzare i miei brani

Di punto in bianco non riesco a visualizzare l'elenco di brani salvati nella mia libreria, ma solamente le mie playlist. Le canzoni ci sono, su cellulare android riesco a visualizzare tutto ma sul pc mi esce questa schermata e non riesco a toglierla....

IMG-20180303-WA0006.jpeg
  • Di punto in bianco non riesco a visualizzare l'elenco di brani salvati nella mia libreria, ma solamente le mie playlist. Le canzoni ci sono, su cellulare android riesco a visualizzare tutto ma s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

how do i remove songs from albums?

I added an album to the "Your Music" Albums section. I then open the album. I am unable to delete tracks from this album. If I save the album as a playlist then I can of course remove them, but then they are no longer in the "Albums" section. This is...

• Regular
  • I added an album to the "Your Music" Albums section. I then open the album. I am unable to delete tracks from this album. If I save the album as a playlist then I can of course remove them, but then ...
  • pathbrae
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 404 on advertisement

hello, I use spotify on pc and on some pubs the reading does not launch (the ad) and when we click on the image that redirects us to the site with a 404 error and it blocks the application, I must restart it to zap the ad. I already empty the cache b...

• Casual Listener
  • hello, I use spotify on pc and on some pubs the reading does not launch (the ad) and when we click on the image that redirects us to the site with a 404 error and it blocks the application, I must re...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not avaible

Hi I'm here to solve my problem.When i click one of the songs It says This song is not avaible.But it happens every song i clicked.i checked my internet connection.I resetted my ethernet but nothing changed.What should do??

• Visitor
  • Hi I'm here to solve my problem.When i click one of the songs It says This song is not avaible.But it happens every song i clicked.i checked my internet connection.I resetted my ethernet but nothing ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Move desktop overlay?

I'm one of the people who actually don't mind the desktop overlay when you change the volume or pause/play a song! ... that said, I kind of hate where it's located in the upper left corner.I know there's now an option to turn the display off complete...

• I'm one of the people who actually don't mind the desktop overlay when you change the volume or pause/play a song! ... that said, I kind of hate where it's located in the upper left corner. I know...
  • asbeastos
  • 3 replies
  • 21 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 21 likes

Spotify on windows desktop and iphone

This morning when I tried to listen to Spotify on my iPhone 7 through a Bluetooth speaker it would only play for a couple of seconds and then stop. I'd hit play again and it would do the same thing repeatedly. I tried restarting the app and my speake...

• This morning when I tried to listen to Spotify on my iPhone 7 through a Bluetooth speaker it would only play for a couple of seconds and then stop.  I'd hit play again and it would do the s...
  • sd118
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music disappearing on daily basis

Kreator - Violent Revolution, Slayer - Repentless gone. These are very top albums. Gone from other services too. Can anyone explain this bull**bleep** to me? I'm not paying for any streaming services because of this **bleep** that you can wake up one...

• Visitor
  • Kreator - Violent Revolution, Slayer - Repentless gone. These are very top albums. Gone from other services too. Can anyone explain this bull**bleep** to me? I'm not paying for any streaming services...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not able to add song to specific playlist

In spotify desktop, when I try to add a Song to a specific playlist, I only get a few playlists displayed to choose from. Not all of them. But in my library all of my playlists are visible.

• Casual Listener
  • In spotify desktop, when I try to add a Song to a specific playlist, I only get a few playlists displayed to choose from. Not all of them. But in my library all of my playlists are visible. 
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New layout buttons overlapping account arrow.

The exit buttons featured in the new update have overlapped with the previous ui. I am using Windows 7 with 1366 x 768 resolution (laptop).

Capture.PNG
  • The exit buttons featured in the new update have overlapped with the previous ui. I am using Windows 7 with 1366 x 768 resolution (laptop).
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Glitch

Ok, so i was listening to music, and i wanted to skip my song. Instead of clicking the skip buttons on the bottom of the screen, i clicked the next song's play button. I don't know what i did, but it said i was playing the song i tried to skip, and i...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok, so i was listening to music, and i wanted to skip my song. Instead of clicking the skip buttons on the bottom of the screen, i clicked the next song's play button. I don't know what i did, but it...
  • IAccidentally
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The songs on the album Loud City Song by Julia Holter don't play properly

I was trying to listen to this album but for some reason it's giving me problems. After a few seconds of playback the song will begin to jump forward as though it is a skipping record, and after a few of these jumps the Spotify player will skip to th...

• I was trying to listen to this album but for some reason it's giving me problems. After a few seconds of playback the song will begin to jump forward as though it is a skipping record, and after a fe...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashes on Playlist Edit??

Hello all, so I've started up a new account here and I've made a playlist... https://open.spotify.com/user/finn-smyth/playlist/6Q5lBzm0nCLm0RFKe9sG6q?si=51GPUzVxQ9-Ojt9jLGq4zQ (a work in progress tell me what you think) The issue is that I'd like to ...

Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (2).png
  • Hello all, so I've started up a new account here and I've made a playlist... https://open.spotify.com/user/finn-smyth/playlist/6Q5lBzm0nCLm0RFKe9sG6q?si=51GPUzVxQ9-Ojt9jLGq4zQ (a work in pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Finn-smyth
    ya-boi
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Spotify a malware or no?

When I installed Spotify, I checked if it was a virus, and... there are too many posts saying Spotify is a virus, Spotify contains adwares...So I need to know: is Spotify a virus or no? VirusTotal says that Spotify can be a virus (Trojan-GameThief fo...

• Casual Listener
  • When I installed Spotify, I checked if it was a virus, and... there are too many posts saying Spotify is a virus, Spotify contains adwares... So I need to know: is Spotify a virus or no? VirusTotal ...
  • CreatorMan2006
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Buffering Issues

Hello, I'm a premium member running Spotify on windows 10, and I have great internet speed and connection. At times, spotify randomly has to buffer and then when it plays it will probably play for ten more seconds and then stops and says "can't play ...

•  Hello, I'm a premium member running Spotify on windows 10, and I have great internet speed and connection. At times, spotify randomly has to buffer and then when it plays it will probably play ...
  • NicoDominique
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

"Can't play the current song."

This morning, songs randomly pause and will not resume. An error bar pops up near the top that states "Can't play the current song.". This has occurred over a dozen times on different songs and artists.

• Casual Listener
  • This morning, songs randomly pause and will not resume.  An error bar pops up near the top that states "Can't play the current song.".   This has occurred over a dozen times on diffe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 8 likes

Bug / feature downgrade: Limited add-to-playlist

There seems to be a default cap on the number of playlists displayed when right-clicking a song on PC to add to a playlist. In other words, I can't add songs to the playlists I want, because they are not displayed through right-clicking a song. I can...

• There seems to be a default cap on the number of playlists displayed when right-clicking a song on PC to add to a playlist. In other words, I can't add songs to the playlists I want, because the...
  • rol18
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Remove Daily Mix

Is there any way to delete a daily mix? Some guy got into my account for a few weeks without me realizing and listened to a bunch of French music that I have absolutly zero interest in and Spotify formed a daily mix for him. Since I've gotten rid of ...

• Visitor
  • Is there any way to delete a daily mix? Some guy got into my account for a few weeks without me realizing and listened to a bunch of French music that I have absolutly zero interest in and Spotify fo...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Playing songs deleted off playlist

Whenever I use spotify on the desktop, it plays songs that I put on my playlist but then I deleted oof of it. Also it gives me unlimited skips even though i dont have premium or the free trial. It still shows ads though.

• Whenever I use spotify on the desktop, it plays songs that I put on my playlist but then I deleted oof of it. Also it gives me unlimited skips even though i dont have premium or the free trial. It st...
  • taylor_heaton
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available, windows 10 store edition, specific track

I have been trying to get this specific song to play in my spotify local files, it appears but won't play and shows me the song not available error. Its the omen (vicetone remix) which is available for free since its a remix. Why does this song not w...

• I have been trying to get this specific song to play in my spotify local files, it appears but won't play and shows me the song not available error. Its the omen (vicetone remix) which is available f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I CAN'T INSTALL SPOTIFY

So, I've had this issue for a really long time and yet nobody has given me a solution. Everytime I download the SpotifySetup form the webpage and try to open it a window appears saying: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You ...

• Regular
  • So, I've had this issue for a really long time and yet nobody has given me a solution. Everytime I download the SpotifySetup form the webpage and try to open it a window appears saying: "Windows cann...
  • JairoVR
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Install
    Windows 10
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes