Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Amount of songs in a playlist?

I know you can see how many total songs are in a playlist at the top. Is there a way to highlight a chunk of them and Spotify tell you how many are highlighted? Or, is there a way to see how many songs a single user has added to a colloborative playl...

• I know you can see how many total songs are in a playlist at the top. Is there a way to highlight a chunk of them and Spotify tell you how many are highlighted? Or, is there a way to see how many son...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Hello, Could you please restore my inbox playlist too please? Thank you(jarrydfoster@hotmail.com)

• Hello,   Could you please restore my inbox playlist too please? Thank you (jarrydfoster@hotmail.com)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't uninstall Spotify on Windows 7 PC

Hi! On my Windows 7 PC when I go into the Programs and Features to try to uninstall Spotify upon clicking it and pressing uninstall it shows a loading cursor and does nothing. I am not sure why it does this but it is really annoying as I am trying to...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi! On my Windows 7 PC when I go into the Programs and Features to try to uninstall Spotify upon clicking it and pressing uninstall it shows a loading cursor and does nothing. I am not sure why...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Public/Private Playlists & Playlist Cover Images/Descriptions

Only get prompted for cover/descriptions under New Playlist, once set the option is never seen again, not even to change or edit what was set.On my spotify (windows 10) desktop app I no longer have the option to make my playlists private or public wh...

Sptofy New Playlist.PNG pic 2.PNG spotify 3.PNG spotify.PNG
  • Roadie
  • Only get prompted for cover/descriptions under New Playlist, once set the option is never seen again, not even to change or edit what was set. On my spotify (windows 10) desktop app I no longer have...
  • mollyroxyy
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

As you may guess by the subject, I'm getting the blue notification bar at the top of my program window reading, "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I recently built a new desktop PC running Windows 1...

• As you may guess by the subject, I'm getting the blue notification bar at the top of my program window reading, "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."&...
  • jr-mojo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't run or uninstall or do anything

I've tried to be patient with this, i've tried many different options posted here to resolve this issue and nothing has worked so far.Everytime I attempt to uninstall spotify from my control panel it tells me spotify has stopped workingI've tried it ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried to be patient with this, i've tried many different options posted here to resolve this issue and nothing has worked so far. Everytime I attempt to uninstall spotify from my control panel ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotiamb 0.2.1 Connected Device

I'm experiencing a connected device that is not a device that I own. Music plays at random after it being paused for a bit. I've already done the following: Logged out of all devices, and reset me password. This worked for a few moments it seemed, an...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm experiencing a connected device that is not a device that I own. Music plays at random after it being paused for a bit.    I've already done the following:   Logged out of all ...
  • ironfuturist
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Does Discover Weekly "Don't Recommend" button also not recommend similar songs/artists?

Recently, Discover Weekly has added a "Don't recommend this song" and "Don't recommend this artist" feature. I am wondering if this also influences similar song/artist recommendations. The tooltip that pops up says that it "won't recommend songs like...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently, Discover Weekly has added a "Don't recommend this song" and "Don't recommend this artist" feature. I am wondering if this also influences similar song/artist recommendations. The tooltip th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How does Discover Weekly's "Don't recommend this artist" work with songs with multiple artists?

When using Discover Weekly's "Don't recommend this artist" feature, the tooltip says it won't recommend whatever the first listed artist is anymore. Is this correct, or does this feature also block the rest of the listed artists on the song from appe...

• Casual Listener
  • When using Discover Weekly's "Don't recommend this artist" feature, the tooltip says it won't recommend whatever the first listed artist is anymore. Is this correct, or does this feature also block t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A metà brano la riproduzione procede a scatti

Buonasera. Sono abbonata a Spotify Premiun ormai quasi da un anno, e da quasi un mese a questa parte, quando metto in riproduzione un brano su Spotify (da Windows), questo, arrivato circa a metà, comincia ad andare a scatti, si blocca e poi riprende,...

• Buonasera. Sono abbonata a Spotify Premiun ormai quasi da un anno, e da quasi un mese a questa parte, quando metto in riproduzione un brano su Spotify (da Windows), questo, arrivato circa a metà, com...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Friends are all grey'ed out - no status Premium User

Strange, I have seen this issue as far back as 2 years ago, but even with a chat to support still know KB or straight up a resolution. Yesterday, friends status all good, today all greyed out and no status on two windows 10 and windows 7 different ne...

• Casual Listener
  • Strange, I have seen this issue as far back as 2 years ago, but even with a chat to support still know KB or straight up a resolution.    Yesterday, friends status all good, today all gre...
  • nyc-dave
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to enable crossfading?

Hi everybody, how do I activate crossfading for Spotify? I don't have any option in my Spotify settings. Thanks for your help. Uli

• Hi everybody,   how do I activate crossfading for Spotify? I don't have any option in my Spotify settings.   Thanks for your help.   Uli
  • bobiesterling
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Ordner gelöscht - Wie stelle ich den Inhalt wieder her?

Hallo, Ich habe beim durchsortieren meiner Spotify-Bibliothek versehentlich einen Ordner (+ Unterordner) samt Inhalt gelöscht. Nun habe ich das Problem, dass ich nicht in der Lage bin die verlorenen Playlisten wiederherzustellen, keine der verlorenen...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,   Ich habe beim durchsortieren meiner Spotify-Bibliothek versehentlich einen Ordner (+ Unterordner) samt Inhalt gelöscht. Nun habe ich das Problem, dass ich nicht in der Lage bin die ve...
  • jusephstulin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Spotify Bug] Clicking scroll bar loses current song selection

There is currently a bug in Spotify that has appeared in the last two weeks. Imagine you have a playlist with 1000 songs, and you have listened to roughly a quarter. I want to find out how many songs are left, so I click on the current song, scroll t...

• Regular
  • There is currently a bug in Spotify that has appeared in the last two weeks. Imagine you have a playlist with 1000 songs, and you have listened to roughly a quarter. I want to find out how many songs...
  • snakespan
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Still no EQ for PC...

Hi guys. This discussion already happened last year on the forum and labelled as not right now. But honestly, please can we get and EQ here. This is a great app. To me, its the best music app. It just hurts without EQ, especially when I plug it into ...

• Hi guys. This discussion already happened last year on the forum and labelled as not right now. But honestly, please can we get and EQ here. This is a great app. To me, its the best music app. It jus...
  • DaFatNibbler
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify works on PC but not wireless Samsung speaker

Hi there, first time poster. Anyway, I have spotify installed on my pc (windows 7 pro), works fine for the USB speakers connected to the docking station. BUT: I cannot get spotify from my PC to recognize my Samsung bluetooth wireless speaker. Itunes ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, first time poster.   Anyway, I have spotify installed on my pc (windows 7 pro), works fine for the USB speakers connected to the docking station.     BUT: I cannot ge...
  • williew2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing ramdomly

Spotify stops playing ramdomly, Windows 10 PC, Premium licence, I have not found any solutions for this after spending several tries either in FAQ or posts. Anyone can help, please?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify stops playing ramdomly, Windows 10 PC, Premium licence, I have not found any solutions for this after spending several tries either in FAQ or posts. Anyone can help, please?
  • zelopapa
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow button is not showing up on web player. How to add people?

Im using a chromebook and my iphone and both devices wont let me add someone or start following them. It doesnt even show it. When i view someones profile its bare minimum and only shows their playlists. Is this new?

• Casual Listener
  • Im using a chromebook and my iphone and both devices wont let me add someone or start following them. It doesnt even show it. When i view someones profile its bare minimum and only shows their playli...
  • gballs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

CTRL+F - Why the HE** was it removed???

I mean, cmon, why they HE** would you ship a broken product? You're asking for flame and complaints... You removed a basic feature, from a MUSIC PLAYER! Let's say I have a playlist of more than a 100 songs... Now, if I know I have a song somewhere in...

• Gig Goer
  • I mean, cmon, why they HE** would you ship a broken product? You're asking for flame and complaints...  You removed a basic feature, from a MUSIC PLAYER! Let's say I have a playlist of more than...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 17 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 14 likes

Popping and crackling on spotify

On my computer, I'm just experiencing popping noises when I play any song. I've tried with both headphones and speakers so I know they're not the problem as it occurs with whatever I'm using. I've reinstalled spotify twice, the quality is set to the ...

• On my computer, I'm just experiencing popping noises when I play any song. I've tried with both headphones and speakers so I know they're not the problem as it occurs with whatever I'm using. I've re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod