Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Wenn ich die Enter Taste druecke wird der naechsten Song gespielt

Hab seit kurzen neue PC mit Windows 10, immer wenn ich jetzt Spotify offen habe und die Enter Taste druecke, geht Spotify immer zum naechsten Song, wie kann ich das aus stellen?

• Hab seit kurzen neue PC mit Windows 10, immer wenn ich jetzt Spotify offen habe und die Enter Taste druecke, geht Spotify immer zum naechsten Song, wie kann ich das aus stellen? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Volume Bar Spotify, Like button addition

The Volume part in windows that shows spotify should show a like and dislike as shown below. Would be a helpful feature instead of having to alt tab out of stuff to get to it.

• Casual Listener
  • The Volume part in windows that shows spotify should show a like and dislike as shown below. Would be a helpful feature instead of having to alt tab out of stuff to get to it. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Advert and e-mails received in bad language

I'm speaking french. My settings are on french. I'm located in french speaking country.And I receive all in dutch ???E-mails in dutch, adverts in Window desktop application in dutch, clips in dutch.How to correct that?

• Regular
  • I'm speaking french. My settings are on french. I'm located in french speaking country. And I receive all in dutch ??? E-mails in dutch, adverts in Window desktop application in dutch, clips in dut...
  • MH4020
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify plays only select songs from playlist

Anytime I use my work computer and listen to a playlist, It will only play about 50 of the 1,000+ songs I have on the playlist. And once it has gone through the 50 or so songs, it just stops and will not let me play anything else.

• Anytime I use my work computer and listen to a playlist, It will only play about 50 of the 1,000+ songs I have on the playlist. And once it has gone through the 50 or so songs, it just stops and will...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Navigating back from an "About" page loads the whole artist discography

This is not a critical bug but still kinda annoying so i thought i should report it. Here is how to reproduce it:- Navigate to an Artists page from a playlist or similar- Go to the "About" section - Click "Read more" to expand bio and description- Cl...

• This is not a critical bug but still kinda annoying so i thought i should report it.    Here is how to reproduce it: - Navigate to an Artists page from a playlist or similar - Go to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Spotify hiding Metal artists?

A funny thing I discovered whilst searching for Industrial Metal artists for my playlist that's free of any weak -cyber metal... And that includes dealing with obscure bands, hoping to find them on Spotify. More miss than a hit type of thing : ) For ...

• Regular
  • A funny thing I discovered whilst searching for Industrial Metal artists for my playlist that's free of any weak -cyber metal... And that includes dealing with obscure bands, hoping to find them on S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume lowers automatically?

I have Windows 10, and when I play spotify the volume lowers on its own even when i try to put the volume back up every so often, I've tried to get into my settings to fix whatever it is that needs fixed or turned on/off....but i cant even find my se...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Windows 10, and when I play spotify the volume lowers on its own even when i try to put the volume back up every so often,   I've tried to get into my settings to fix whatever it is tha...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Can't search for music

I can play any music just fine but search doesn't work.No matter what I type in the searchbox it just shows my last searches (which doesn't update) but no results for the current search. On Windows 10 (1709) with version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

• Regular
  • I can play any music just fine but search doesn't work. No matter what I type in the searchbox it just shows my last searches (which doesn't update) but no results for the current search.   O...
  • tsjalling89
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't work with Bluetooth headphones

Hello. I'm using in ear headphones from Skullcandy, the SB 2. Whenever I want to listen to Spotify on my Desktop the sound of the headphones starts to go on and off. It works fine with YouTube or Spotify on my phone. Any ideas or solutions? Thanks a ...

• Hello.    I'm using in ear headphones from Skullcandy, the SB 2. Whenever I want to listen to Spotify on my Desktop the sound of the headphones starts to go on and off. It works fine with...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs from my library are gone.

Hey, guys after the last Win10 update ALL songs from my library are now gone! I never bothered to create a playlist - when I found a song that I like I always chose add to my library option. However now after the latest update all my songs are gone! ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, guys after the last Win10 update ALL songs from my library are now gone! I never bothered to create a playlist - when I found a song that I like I always chose add to my library option. However ...
  • Scoty
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

The last played queue doesn't update between sessions.

Sometimes Spotify decides to choose a song in some playlist and declare that this is the part of the queue that will load every single time I run it. Every time I turn on Spotify the queue is halfway through a song in the middle of a playlist I liste...

• Sometimes Spotify decides to choose a song in some playlist and declare that this is the part of the queue that will load every single time I run it. Every time I turn on Spotify the queue is ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download anything other than playlists

Sincerest apolgies if there is already a thread on this, but I was unable to find a relevant/solved one. I am currently trying to download all my albums/saved songs onto my Windows 10 laptop, via the desktop app. However, I am unable to. I only have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Sincerest apolgies if there is already a thread on this, but I was unable to find a relevant/solved one. I am currently trying to download all my albums/saved songs onto my Windows 10 laptop, via the...
  • Oliver_F
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Restoring the title toolbar?

Is it possible to choose to see a title toolbar again rather than the tiny ellipse option. I have poor eyesight so use a large font and a big zoom. Works fine with the toolbar not so great with 3 tiny dots. Or failing that is there an easy way to rol...

• Is it possible to choose to see a title toolbar again rather than the tiny ellipse option. I have poor eyesight so use a large font and a big zoom. Works fine with the toolbar not so great with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Zombie Spotify process - Can't kill Spotify.exe task - The Spotify application is not responding

I can confirm with several people in the office this is now happening. 1. Launch Spotify2. Click the big red X button or click File > Exit3. Try launching Spotify again4. "The Spotify application is not responding." Here's what's happening. When Spot...

8da2434e4e98424b18002c6713d11a81.jpg
  • Regular
  • I can confirm with several people in the office this is now happening.   1. Launch Spotify 2. Click the big red X button or click File > Exit 3. Try launching Spotify again 4. "The Spoti...
  • Shak_D
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes

"Saved Albums Only" setting does not persist after closing Spotify

The option to "Saved Albums Only" setting does not persist after closing Spotify. It keeps turning itself off, adding an additional step to play saved albums, since I use the albums section only for full saved albums.

• Casual Listener
  • The option to "Saved Albums Only" setting does not persist after closing Spotify.   It keeps turning itself off, adding an additional step to play saved albums, since I use the albums sec...
  • rscg
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Queue doesn't work

This occurs both on my PC and my android. Very random. Sometimes I can queue up one song, but never more than one. I am playing songs from a playlist of mine that has approximately 2000 songs in it. It tis a drag. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, re...

• This occurs both on my PC and my android.  Very random.  Sometimes I can queue up one song, but never more than one.  I am playing songs from a playlist of mine that has approximately ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play current song

So for some reason on Spotify, specifically on the desktop app AND the web player it won't play any music. My phone is just fine but on my desktop I just keep getting the ugly blue sign "Can't play the current song". And it's happened before where if...

• Visitor
  • So for some reason on Spotify, specifically on the desktop app AND the web player it won't play any music. My phone is just fine but on my desktop I just keep getting the ugly blue sign "Can't play t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Web Player Not Working

My web player will not work, I play an album or podcast it just skips around but never actually plays anything. I have cleared my cookies, done the Ctrl & F5 refresh, restarted my computer, and made sure my spotify on my phone is turned to the web pl...

• My web player will not work, I play an album or podcast it just skips around but never actually plays anything. I have cleared my cookies, done the Ctrl & F5 refresh, restarted my computer, and m...
  • gordyy
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Where do I see actualy history of played songs?

Under history I only see recently played playlists, but I need specific songs.

• Regular
  • Under history I only see recently played playlists, but I need specific songs.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes