Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps running after I turn off computer

Spotify keeps running after I turn off computer

This is a bit concerning...  I just purchased a new computer running windows 10.  I was listening to spotify and turned off the computer.  I did not put it to sleep, I turned it off.  To my surprise Spotify kept playing music.  Absolutely stunned that programs still run after I turned off the computer.  I turned it back on... it went through the typical loading process (confirming that computer was off), and then I turned off Spotify manully by opening the program and clicking pause.

I have turned off all apps running in background and everything else I can think of to keep privacy like Windows 7 or earlier.

Why does Spotify keep running after I shut down the computer?

2 Replies

Hi @wazza18 and welcome to the Community! 🙂
By chance, do you have Spotify streaming on your phone or a Bluetooth speaker as well? If so, Spotify Connect might be picking it up and continuing the stream for you on a different device even though the computer is shut down.

Thanks for the reply but it is still doing it.  I turned off te other devices and it still runs. I have also dsabled Windows faststart (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup) however the music keeps playing...

Suggested posts