Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A firewall may be blocking. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. (Error code: auth:15)

Solved!

A firewall may be blocking. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. (Error code: auth:15)

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Screenshot_56.png

 My issue is that I cannot log in to my Spotify, I tried everything to checking my country, delete Spotify, and all of Spotify's files (cache, etc...) Restart my computer and update my computer and drivers, I even changed the proxy to no proxy and updated proxy but nothing worked, and this all happened when I updated Spotify to the newest version (1.1.60.668), can someone please find a fix to my issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @kodpluto

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Just to confirm, are you currently using a VPN?

Also, keep in mind that some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If you're connected to one you can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @kodpluto

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Just to confirm, are you currently using a VPN?

Also, keep in mind that some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If you're connected to one you can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Sorry but I don't have a VPN but somehow I have found the solution, I deleted my caches and put spotify in no proxy and it worked, thank you for your concerns.

Hey @kodpluto,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and you can log in to your account again.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same problem but in MacOS, A firewall may be blocking. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. (Error code: auth:15), I don´t know what to do!

Hey there @JossueBarrera

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know if you're using any VPN? If so, we suggest that you disable it to see if that makes any difference.

On another note, we'd recommend restarting your router. If this doesn't do the trick, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Additionally:

• Make sure that the network is listed as Private and not Public.
  • Make sure that Spotify is allowed through any Firewall that might be running.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts