Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding favorites in the windows desktop app doesn't work anymore.

Solved!

Adding favorites in the windows desktop app doesn't work anymore.

I have a Premium account and have been using the Windows Desktop app for 2 years. For the past week, adding songs to the favorites list has not worked in any way. I have to use my cell phone or the site in Chrome browser. Is there anyone else experiencing this? Please fix this bug!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jdesjardins1861

Thanks' for the quick response and the clarification.

Sadly we're unable to open this link you have sent us, could we ask you to send over the video you've captured via a Google drive link, could you just make sure that the access for it is set to public.

As clearing the stored cache didn't work, the next thing we would advise to try would be to perform a clean uninstall of the app in order to start anew. You can follow the steps in the article here

Keep us in the loop on how things go.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Just to check, does clearing stored cache from the desktop app make any difference? Make sure to log out and back in again once it's done, as this should resync your account info.

Shouldn't that do the trick, can you send us some more info on what's happening from your end? For example, are you seeing any specific error messages when trying to add the songs. Also, are you able to add songs to any other of your playlists?

Feel free to send us a video or screenshot showing how things look for you, if possible, so that we can have a look as well.

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator

Hi there, and thanks for helping! Unfortunately clearing the cache didn't work. So here's a video where we see the full extent of the problem in the software version: https://app.screencastify.com/v3/watch/KrG0HDxz6A9xUgfWiSRc 

1. There's 10 songs from my favorites list that don't appear in the software version list.
2. When I add a song to favorites, it says it worked, but it will never appear.
3. Add to other lists does work, but it will not be visible in the + button.

Thanks again!

Marked as solution

Hey @jdesjardins1861

Thanks' for the quick response and the clarification.

Sadly we're unable to open this link you have sent us, could we ask you to send over the video you've captured via a Google drive link, could you just make sure that the access for it is set to public.

As clearing the stored cache didn't work, the next thing we would advise to try would be to perform a clean uninstall of the app in order to start anew. You can follow the steps in the article here

Keep us in the loop on how things go.

MartinModerator

Wow, Screencastify made it much more difficult to share links! Here is the video again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1noqhXmOdkVW0wD1rKqTBn7iFEFobThYb/view?usp=sharing 

I ran a quick install before asking the community, but a clean uninstall seems to have solved all three problems. Thanks! 

Suggested posts