Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adds conflict with play lists and play over two dozen times in a period of hours!

Solved!

Adds conflict with play lists and play over two dozen times in a period of hours!

Hey all
any one getting advertisiments that are in complete conflict with the play lists? I listen to jazz for example, and get a thug selling a leveno pro..  and I listened to christmas carols, and got the thug, followed by the thug, followed by the thug again. Then ONE song, and the THUG AGAIN!  I have had that single add over 25 times TODAY!  I am going to switch to another streeming service for a month or two, and hope this bug goes away.

As it stands the adds do not flow with the jenre, and the style is sooo opposit that is completly disrupts the flow. Then inducing irritation is not usually way for some one to purchase something.

Not only will I NEVER purchase a Leveno product EVER (because any seller that is willing to spend money on this kind of advertising and tactics is not one I want to purchase) ..  But I have to find another streeming service. I will not be pressured into buying a "better" service. By supplying me with crud, the Spotify service only shows it is not interested in my experience. Why that would then influence me to spend my money ON spotify when other services are not nearly so rude, I have no idea.

I didn't know where to put this, but the help desk.  If spotify ever fixes this bug, and does advertising targeted to its listening audiences, (like don't put a heavy metal track in C&W music, don't put a thug(rapper???  I dunno, I don't know who the dude is, but his attitude is wayyyyy over the top) don't put a thug with jazz.  Don't put classical adds in Rap, and don't put country in my electronica selection. These are just..  NO.  and then stuffing a song that is for sale, in a completly polar opposite genre, makes NO sence. If I want to listen to rap, I will listen to a station that plays that. then when the intro comes on, I may be interested. BUT, a thug in my trance music..  not so much.

the above paragraph is a very BROAD description to give you a better idea of the scope of the problem.
Again, please do e-mail me if this problem gets resolved.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Spotify are aware of this bug and they are fixing it ASAP.

For uninturupted listening try Spotify premium free for 30 days here.

Thank you for choosing the Spotify Community forums, and I hope this answers your question!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Spotify are aware of this bug and they are fixing it ASAP.

For uninturupted listening try Spotify premium free for 30 days here.

Thank you for choosing the Spotify Community forums, and I hope this answers your question!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hello Joe
Please excuse me, if I ..  am recalsitrant to believe that Spotify's definition of ASAP matches my understanding of As Soon As Possible.

Just let me know what decade it is fixed, and I will return.

In the mean time, I have been streaming with another site since my question.  I will continue to do so until the issue is resolved. If I don't hear from Spotify (AKA you or some other team member) before 2 months, I will try again some time in Febuary.  If it is still offensive, I won't return again.

No worries.

While I like the service, there are other options.  It is just soo frustrating when it ..  well, it was frustrating.

However:

I should have stopped straming Spotify mid December, when I noticed, and not waited over two weeks before getting fed up.  

So two weeks of frustration are really my responsibility, I should have quit the service sooner.

But thank you for responding to my post. It is nice to know Spotify is at least minimally aware of this as a problem that could cause both potential customers to jump ship, as well as loose your advertisers audiences on the free streaming service.

Ciao

A

Suggested posts