Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Advert and e-mails received in bad language

Advert and e-mails received in bad language

I'm speaking french. My settings are on french. I'm located in french speaking country.

And I receive all in dutch ???

E-mails in dutch, adverts in Window desktop application in dutch, clips in dutch.

How to correct that?

9 Replies

Hello @MH4020,

Check your Ip address to make sure your computer knows your in a French speaking country.
Hope this helps. Also make sure your credit card is not from a Dutch country because the country your in must be the the same as your credit card country. Lastly make sure you are not using a VPN placing your internet connection in a different country.

If this was the solution please click Accept Solution.

I am in Belgium we have 3 different languages areas: french, dutch, german.

My IP show me in Bruxelles where we usually speak french.

I don't use VPN.

I'm located physically in french speaking area.

My Card is for this french speaking area.

But that is not usefull since I haven't registered.

I'm in test phase to see if I should register.

So problem is allways there.

It could be Spotify thinks your country is primarily dutch and therefore makes all ads dutch. A way to solve it is get premium 🙂

I have for single rule to not suscribe to something not working correctly in free version.

Nothing prove me it will works well in registered.

It's just a bug since I've set my language to french in the application and adverts don't take note of that.

Probably I will cease to use it if I have no solution.

Hey @MH4020, thanks for keeping us posted!

That's not cool! Let's get to the bottom of this. You should be able to change the language of the Desktop application in Preferences (Ctrl + P/Cmd + ,), could you give that a shot? Let me know how it goes!

Have an awesome day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes! It was I talked about! My settings are on french in that menu.

Hey @MH4020!

Hmm, I recommend getting in touch with Spotify for more recommendations on this one. You can e-mail them here or shoot them a DM on @SpotifyCares with your account's e-mail address. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same for me. Living in the french speaking area of Switzerland and receive all the mails in german. I just created the Premium Family today.......Crazy that there is no possibility to change the newsletter/mails language. That's a basic thing...... Shame on Spotify on this point. Not sure I will continue....

So you are registered and the problem persist.

This confort me into not  registering to something bugged in free version.

Suggested posts