After sorting lists, I have to scroll through manually

loricatuslupus
Regular

Premium User

UK

Toshiba

Windows

My Question or Issue

This is the second thread I am starting about this issue as noone replied to the first one, but the issue is now becoming so irritating that I will probably just cancel my subscription. Essentially, when I sort my playlist by Artist and click on the now playing album art it no longer takes me to the track that is actualy playing. Instead it seems to pick a random track and just go to that. This problem persists no matter how I sort the playlist (though seems to be closest to the correct one when done by date added) and I think it started around the time that playlists started filing all artists starting with "The" under "T". Incorrectly and unnecessarily, might I add. Now on a small playlist this isn't really a problem but having to manually scroll through 9000+ tracks in order to remove one that I don't want on it any longer is very inconvenient, and due to the way I liked to listen this was a fairly common occurence for me. This issue, in conjunction with the non-random shuffle feature and the fact that neither seem to be being addressed or even acknowledged is making me use Spotify less and less.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: After sorting lists, I have to scroll through manually

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @loricatuslupus, help's arrived. 

As the solution of this thread explains, Spotify is aware of this behaviour but there's no exact timeline for a fix yet. Just make sure to always have your app up-to-date.

Fingers crossed a fix will be on its way soon. 

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf
2 Replies
Solution!

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @loricatuslupus, help's arrived. 

As the solution of this thread explains, Spotify is aware of this behaviour but there's no exact timeline for a fix yet. Just make sure to always have your app up-to-date.

Fingers crossed a fix will be on its way soon. 

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf

loricatuslupus
Regular

While I appreciate the reply, the "solution" offered on that page is basically "sit tight, we know there's a problem and we might get round to it". Btw I have tried redownloading etc to no avail.

SUGGESTED POSTS