Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums in library not showing when viewing from playlist

Solved!

Albums in library not showing when viewing from playlist

Windows App

I have a strange issue, I have a big playlist of songs I'm using to discover things on. Often taken from other users playlists or Spotify created  playlists.  I have a strange issue where I recognise a song/album and think, "I already have this in my collection" so I check.   

When I click on the album within the playlist it shows it is not in my library (no tick). But searching the library brings it up, click on it and the album is my library (with the tick).

Screenshot 1 shows the playlist

Screenshot 2 shows the album from clicking within the playlist

Screenshot 3 shows the album clicking from my library 

In the discography, there is only one album, same as the one in my library and displays as so. If I add the album from the playlist I now have two albums in my library. Both albums have exactly the same track plays, so something odd is going on.

There appears to be no difference in the albums, I have found this issue several times on several albums now.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Asteroid_Alan,

Thanks for the detailed post!

It looks like the two albums have different URIs, which is why the one on screenshot #2 doesn't show up in Your Library. Sometimes, an artist/label may upload two instances of an album, with one of them being unlisted in the discography page and only appearing in playlists. This is done for tracking purposes and to enhance the reach to fans.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Asteroid_Alan,

Thanks for the detailed post!

It looks like the two albums have different URIs, which is why the one on screenshot #2 doesn't show up in Your Library. Sometimes, an artist/label may upload two instances of an album, with one of them being unlisted in the discography page and only appearing in playlists. This is done for tracking purposes and to enhance the reach to fans.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Yordan. 

Seems a bit odd to do that, especially that I have found so many with duplicate uploads, just causes duplicates and confusion in our libraries an playlists. 

Thanks for explanation 

Suggested posts