Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums or queued songs continually stop playback on Windows

Albums or queued songs continually stop playback on Windows

hi there,

i've been having this issue on spotify for months and it's driving me mad! 

whenever i play an album, spotify will play one or two songs before stopping playback and hiding the album cover, graying out the play/pause/skip buttons, and hiding the song title and artist (i've attached a picture for clarification). it basically looks like i haven't played anything. it happens with most albums, and it's so frustrating because it really takes me out of the experience.

the only solution i have found thus far to continue playback is to either download the entire album (which i try to avoid due to lack of space) or select all the songs in the album and right-click them, which seems to 'load' them up. however, sometimes when i queue songs they just disappear and i get the grayed-out display again.

this solution doesn't work for me: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-only-plays-one-song-then-stops/m-p/4775806#

is this issue known and can anything be done to fix it?

many thanks,

n

Sans452 titr34234e.png
1 Reply

Hey there @tupsan!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

You could start with trying to disable hardware acceleration:

1. Click Edit in the menu bar. Select Preferences.
  2. Scroll down and uncheck Hardware acceleration.
  3. Restart Spotify.

Then we can suggest a clean reinstall with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone.

It's also important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

Give your device a quick restart before you start the newly installed app.

In case the issue persists, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your computer and test this out to see if they get the same issue?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts