Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alphabetizing "THE"

Solved!

Alphabetizing "THE"

Am I mistaken or did Spotify just make every artist name beginning with THE alphabetized by the word THE, instead of the first letter after "the"? If so, what's the logic there? Or is it only me who cares about such things?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fathermacewan thanks for your clarifacation,

Yeah it seems like Spotify has updated the way they alphabatzie it. 

If you want, you can suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it, if you want it reverted back to the old way.

Best,

Jack 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @fathermacewan thanks for reaching out to the community,

I don't quite understand what your question is, are you wondering about how they sort artists when you search on Spotify?

Let me know,

Jack 🙂

Sorry, yes, as I was typing I realized that it was unclear. Essentially I mean this: in playlists that I've created, I usually alphabetize them by artist name. I noticed yesterday that "The Beatles" started being alphabetized by the letter "T" instead of the letter "B," as it was before.

Marked as solution

Hey @fathermacewan thanks for your clarifacation,

Yeah it seems like Spotify has updated the way they alphabatzie it. 

If you want, you can suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it, if you want it reverted back to the old way.

Best,

Jack 🙂

Thanks, Jack, I will!

Can you post a link to the created idea once that's done? I notice several people commenting on it but nothing's being done about it. I'd like to vote in support of the idea and share it around

Yeah if you could @fathermacewan post the idea here so people can vote on it!

We certainly cannot consider this a bug fix !!!

Suggested posts