Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist page won't load

Artist page won't load

No artist page loads on my Sptify, I first tried to delete the cache, but that didn't help, and then I reinstalled Spotify, but that didn't help either. I am on windows 7.

17 Replies

Same problem, though now this has extended to nearly all functionality in the desktop app. It either sits with the searching icon in the center of the page, or gives me the "Please try again later." error. Spotify server issues?

Not just the desktop - won't load on my iphone or ipad either

Came here to say the same thing.

this problem I also have. I hate this app so much. 

They really need to do something about this app. 

It's slow and buggy and there is not feature consistency between web and desktop and mobile. all have weird differences and I dont even know why

How do I follow an artist on the web player?

Why can't I see popularity on web and mobile. 

its so busted man.

Yeah same problem. Just sat with the spinning circles.

It's not an internet thing on my side because searches and the home page load fine, but artists are a no-go.

I am having the same issue, but I am on Windows 10.

Hey, all

There are currently some problems with viewing and searching Artists. However, it should now be fixed. Could you try again if the issues persist? 🙂

You may have to restart the app.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Sebasty All seems ok on my end now, using an iMac on latest OS for reference.

Search works, but click on an artist and it just sits and spins.

Edit: Working on Android.  Not on Win 10 Desktop.  And c'mon with the captcha carp man.  I'm tired of clicking fire hydrants just to post here.  That's why I don't more than I do.

Edit2: Restarted the desktop app and it works now.  And seriously?  C-R-A-P is a potty word?  Even 2-year-olds get away with that one.

Everything works now after I restarted the app

@jeffjones22 

Edit: glad it works for you now! 🙂
For others still having issues: I suggest waiting for a little bit and possibly logging out and back in or restarting the client.

The captcha is annoying indeed, I agree.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Recently I updated my spotify now search artists page won´t load playlists and albums songs will but if i search artists and then click artist it will say something wrong try again. I have already reinstalled and logged out and in.

Already for some time spotify would and still crashes but if i restart it will work again

Andy-Susumu_1-1591428983957.png

I'm having similar issues, except it's across the Spotify app in general. Whenever I try to load the page for an artist, an album, show the author of a song, or open up the settings for the app itself, it does nothing. Only after a minute or so later, it will catch up, and open all of the pages I was trying to open to begin with, one after another. It mainly happens when I let the app alone for a while, when I'm listening to the music, and I come back to it wanting to look something else up.

I'm also facing this issue after 8.5.57... versions all of have this artist page not loading issue. Restarting app fixes it but then it happens again after sometime. Spotify kindly fix your stupid bugs, they are small but very irritating

8/14/2020

My Spotify artist page will not load to desktop computer.  It does play on Spotify app.  This is the first time this has happened.  The desktop URL is in all my ads, so I hope this can be fixed.   

Thanks very much - Peter Davison

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5hLJQt5bIzxV7O0HvYNFqy

same here

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We know it sounds simple, but we recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps in this support article. Clearing the cache of the app helps with loading times. It's also a good idea to keep fewer song/playlist downloaded on your device, especially if it's an older one or if you have limited memory.

You might also want to check out this Ongoing Issue thread. You can add your +Vote in order to subscribe to the idea and get notifications whenever there are any update. We'd really appreciate it if you could also leave the requested info as a post. This will greatly help our team 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts