Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop (Browser)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The labels for a bunch of things look like the namespace versions of the labels.  Like "Home" is labeled "view.web-player-home" and "Search" is labeled "navbar.search".  This applies to every button and label except Playlist names, Song names, Artist names, and the descriptions of playlists that are made by others (my playlists have "search.playlist-by" instead of a description). I've looked at a bunch of different screens and this issue is consistent.

5 Replies

Hi @morsecode127,

Sorry for the late reply, we just came by this post.

Could you let us know whether you're using the desktop app or the Web Player? You can check if the issue persists on both platforms as well. A screenshot which shows how things look on your end would also be greatly appreciated.

If you're using the desktop app, it's recommended you reinstall it by following the steps in this article, as it's possible that some of Spotify's data files were corrupted and/or are missing. You can also check your hosts file and remove any lines that mention Spotify as described here.

If possible, it's worth logging in to your account on another PC (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the issue is present there.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've periodically encountered the same issue. For me its always been on the web player and logging in & out and clearing cookies/cache doesn't fix the issue. It's very frustrating because some things don't load at all like the saved artist section. I'm not sure what the deal is with Spotify not completely loading, no other sites seem to have the same issue. 

MattEmond_0-1674673007528.png

Hey @MattEmond

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, does the same happen while you're using a different internet connection?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the version of your browser is up to date. Also, would you mind checking if the same happens on an incognito window or on a different browser?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm using a desktop, I don't have a way of using a different internet connection. My version of Chrome is up to date (Version 109.0.5414.75) and the problem persists when opening Spotify up in an Incognito window. 

Hey there @MattEmond

Thanks for your reply.

As a next step, we suggest that you clear up your hosts file. Head here to find out how.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different browser to see if the same happens? 

Keep us in the loop. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts