Premium

Country

All

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Joe Rogan is not for me, and I can't get his podcasts Off of my recommendations. Not interested. Never will be. The fact that Spotify thinks "Oh This is PERFECT For YOU!" constantly reminds me how awful your algorithms are. Remove That Garbage.

7 Replies

Hi @matt16060936,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We know it's annoying to see recommendations for things you don't like. There are other users on the Community who feel the same way. We'd recommend you head over to this Idea Thread and add your +Vote. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented. Don't let the Not Right Now tag discourage you.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify doesn’t care about that idea because they’re using the home page for ads now. We need to be able to block terrible suggestions like Joe Rogan. I’m so sick of opening Spotify for music and being met with an ad for “C U M TOWN” filed as a recommendation. Really Spotify? THAT’S what you wanna recommend? C U M? Get it together. 

Had to edit this comment because Spotify censored the first word of the name of the podcast mentioned. So it’s not appropriate for HERE, but it’s fine to blast all over my PHONE?

This is a   Big problem. They wasted so much money on them they feel they have to force it on people. Hi is a  problem and dumb ass. There is no way currently to block or say you no longer want the pop up. They force it on you. Considering other services...

yea it would be helpful to block recommendations like that offensive backwards person (jordon peterson) that doesnt know the importance of gender equality too

our whole family is looking for alternative

It is disgusting that Spotify is propping up this podcast and I can't block it. Have the conversation about why Spotify is supporting this garbage or tell us you are making too much money off him and that we should sit and spin. I should not have to be constantly reminded that this horrible person is making tons of money off lies every time I open my favorite app.

How is this possible that we are paying "premium" service and being bombarded by Joe Rogan's podcast ad? How would you feel if that kid's picture that bullied you in grade school keeps appearing on your phone and desktop? I have kids in my plan and Spotify is trying to force feed them ideas that are contrary to the norm. Just let us control what we want to see and listen to. Why is that so hard?

Suggested posts