Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: Radio UI issue when Thumb Voting and Side Advertisements

Bug: Radio UI issue when Thumb Voting and Side Advertisements

Edit: fixed formatting, not sure what happened the first time.

Hi Spotify team,

Backstory:

I recently started using the Radio experience at work, and I've been trying to be good about using the thumb-voting to give Spotify a better idea about the music I like.  As such I've been keeping the window open in a relatively small state on another monitor (approx 992 x 702 pixels).

Issue:

Thumbs-Up'd a song I actually wanted to Thumbs-Down due to UI bug.

Reproduction:

1. Leave the client in a background state for a long enough time that a pop-up advertisement will show up

2. Mouse over the down-vote button (it lights up, indicating it can be clicked, which is not true)

3. Click the thumbs-down button, making Spotify the active window

4. Spotify will display a full screen advertisement, blocking the majority of the UI. (leave the mouse where it is)

5. As the advertisement disappears you react and attempt to click the thumbs down button, in the meantime:

a. Spotify may, at it's discretion, decide to show the advertisement to the right of the UI

b. This causes the main window area with the voting buttons to shrink

c. This causes a repositioning of all buttons in order to recenter them.

d. This causes the thumbs-up button to be pushed under the mouse cursor in place

6. You finally click the mouse, up-voting the song you were listening to instead of down-voting it.

Sad times ensue.

Additional related issues:

- UI mouse-over indication probably shouldn't register when Spotify isn't the active window, especially if it's planning on showing a full-window advertisement.

- Unable to undo a thumbs-up (I could have sworn this worked a few weeks ago but it didn't today), but the UI highlights the button when you mouse-over it, indicating it could be clicked.

- Unable to thumbs-down a song you have given a thumbs-up, and the UI does gray out the button which is awesome.  However when you mouse-over it, it still highlights at half intensity.

All-in-all I'm loving the desktop app, and I'm loving Spotifty, and will be switching to premium when my subscription with a competitor expires.

Thanks Spotify Team!

0 Replies

Suggested posts