- Premium

Country

- United States

Device

Dell XPS 15 9560

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am attempting to copy all of the songs from my "Liked Songs" into a public playlist so that I can share my songs with friends and family. However when using the CTRL-A shortcut, it only selects exactly 100 songs. The behavior is the same if I click on the first song, scroll to the last song and shift + click on the last one. I have 1,595 songs in my "Liked Songs" and 0 songs in the playlist I am attempting to add to.

I tried to copy with:

CTRL-A -> right click -> "Add to Playlist" -> playlist name

as well as:

CTRL-A -> CTRL-C -> open notepad++ -> CTRL-V into the file

Same result each time, the playlist only had 100 songs and the notepad++ file only had 100 lines.

This has not always been the behavior of CTRL-A as I have added to a playlist in a similar fashion around February 2019 and it worked. At that time I only had ~1430 songs to copy over, so I'm wondering if the 1500 mark I hit had anything to do with it or if it was an update between then and now.

6 Replies

I have the exact same problem! I have around 900 liked songs now and I've been able to select all of them many times before without any issue.

I would be very grateful if you could fix this, Spotify!

Edit: Just realized I'm wrong, there does seem to be some issue regarding copying songs from the Liked Songs section. I recommend bringing this topic up in the Ongoing Issues area of the forum so Spotify can take a closer look at this 🙂

Hmm that sounds odd, if you haven't tried it already, I think doing a clean uninstall might help!

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

When I tried it on my own laptop it worked the way it should, so doing this may get rid of whatever issue seems to be happening. Let me know how it goes! If this doesn't fix it for you I'll see what else I can suggest 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Hi @jpmorlen and @zanderfry28

There's an Ongoing Issue that you can check here.

If that's something that you're experiencing, make sure to add your +VOTE there and provide all the info needed, to make sure you'll be notified with all the updates regarding this case. 

I have this same issue.

I solved it by pushing "CTRL+A" then scrolling down the list to have the next 100 songs visible, pushed "CTRL+A" again. Repeated this untill I had all my songs chosen and then dragged them all to my playlist.

Same problem here.

For a music curator like me that live for the making of playlists this issue is unbelievable! Please @Spotify fix this.

Spotify version 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5

Hey there @raremarc

Thanks for reaching out this in the Community. 

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe and the team in charge is looking into it.

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts