Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I change the main menu?

Solved!

Can I change the main menu?

Hello,

This is my first post, so very sorry if im posting in the wrong place. 

Here is my problem,

Everytime I start Spotify it opens to the browse menu. My question is this, can I change it so that it starts on an artist of my choices main page? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gatsby2017,

That's not possible, but you can look for an idea for this at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas or create one yourself if you can't find one. 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for helping me out, now that I know I can post my ideas ill have to give it try! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Gatsby2017,

That's not possible, but you can look for an idea for this at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas or create one yourself if you can't find one. 🙂

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is a really important problem, in my opinion.

The best "user programmer fix" that my friends have given me is the following.

* I asked my friends for a clunky, out-of-use XP or Vista or ... laptop that I use only for Spotify.  That way I can reboot my modern business computers as I must without disturbing Spotify.  My business computers have the modern Spotify players-- but I seldom use the modern players if my dedicated Spotify player is handy.

* On installation, Spotify may complain that there are no Spotify updates for XP, Vista, or ... but hopefully will still install Spotify player 1.0.20.101 or some legacy equivalent which at least is stable.  Did that work for you?

* Then I either Hibernate or Sleep that XP laptop, usually I pause the Spotify player just before I Hibernate or Sleep the XP laptop-- This pausing Spotify avoids some intermittent confusion and crash in the Spotify player coming out of Hibernation or Sleep if I Hibernate or Sleep without pausing Spotify.

* Consequently, when I come back out of Hibernation or Sleep, my Spotify session is exactly where I left it.  And you would not believe how fast I can restart my Spotify music playing!

Welcome, Welcome, @Gatsby2017-- And in my opinion, this forum is the best place to ask questions like this-- (I laugh.)-- because on this forum, usually you can always come back to the discussion to Edit for updates, Add new comments, Give Kudos and Likes, and specify to whom you would like to Reply . . . .  What do you find?

Marked as solution

Thanks for helping me out, now that I know I can post my ideas ill have to give it try! 

Suggested posts