Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Find Crossfade!

Can't Find Crossfade!

When I access the Spotify  Web Player via Replay Music on my desktop pc, I  can not find the option for "Crossfade".  I open the Spotify Web Player, and there is no "V" to be found even though Spotify says it is in the top-right hand corner - as shown in one of my attachments - this of course means  I am unable to access/find  the "Advanced Settings" tab to reach "Crossfade"!

Any advice as to how I can get to "Crossfade" would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached: Photo Homescreen - no "V" in right hand corner.

Photo from Spotify help notes.

spotifycrossfade.PNG
no-V.PNG
4 Replies

I don't see how Spotify desktop app and Spotify webplayer are different so... I will tell you the solution via the Spotify desktop app.

1. Go to settings.

2. Scroll all the way down.

3. Click on "Advanced Settings."

4. Locate "crossfade songs."

There you have it! (assuming webplayer and app makes no difference).

P.S. Reply back when there's no "advanced settings" (would love to know if there is or not). 

Thanks for your reply.

This really is puzzling. I should have explained that if I go to the Spotify icon on my desktop, I can get the screen with the “V”, and therefore proceed to use crossfade but cannot record.

If I try to record a tune using the method of starting in Replay Music, then using Spotify Web Player I have no option for ADVANCED SETTING. So no crossfade facility, but it does record!

This is the method I use:

1. Start up Replay Music,

2. Select “Guides”

3. Select the Web Player option

4. Select Spotify

5. Select web player (doesnt seem to be another option!)

4. Search for some music

5. Record, but no crossfade available

Also, the two start up screens are very different, as the one accessed via web player, does not have the left hand column facility, with “Browse”, “Your library”, Playlist etc.

I have attached copies of the two “start” screens so you can see the difference.

I don’t understand why the programs differ. Of course, it's not the end of the world being unable to record with crossfade, as Replay and Spotify are (in my opinion) two excellent programs. But I do hope that there is an answer to my problem!

spotify web player.PNG
spotify search screen.PNG

With reference to my previous message - I notice I sent two screenshots fom the Replay/Spotify program. I should have sent one of the Spotify Desktop screen too,-which I hasten to attach!!!

spotify desktop.PNG

Well......I have solved the problem....... by changing my web browser.

Replay Music now records the way it should, so the problem was within Replay which appears to be fussy about the browser used to access Spotify.

I would mention (just in case any other persons are experiencing similar problems with Replay not recording Spotify),  that I am using Windows 10 on my PC.  It is possible that users may not experience the same problem if  they are using one of previous versions of Windows.

I still can not figure why my desktop version  of Spotify differs when I access it on the Replay Web Player, it is quite different, as confirmed in my screen shots in my initial message, but then again, it doesn't matter to me any more!

Sqygle

Remember: No one is ALWAYS wrong - even a stopped watch is RIGHT twice a day!

Suggested posts