Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

No Album or Artist Art Showing

As the title says. There is one exception to this, and it's when I save an album it shows the album art. Otherwise, all albums and artists appear as they do in the images I've attached. As well as this, the album art next to individual songs (such as...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says. There is one exception to this, and it's when I save an album it shows the album art. Otherwise, all albums and artists appear as they do in the images I've attached. As well as th...
  • nzm18
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify prevents Windows from shutting down

Every time I shut downWindows 7 x64 (on a fast computer), I get a message saying that Spotify prevents Windows from shutting down. If I manually tries to exit Spotify, it takes just a few milliseconds, so that should not be the problem. Is it possibl...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I shut downWindows 7 x64 (on a fast computer), I get a message saying that Spotify prevents Windows from shutting down.  If I manually tries to exit Spotify, it takes just a few milli...
  • barnabo
  • 88 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Windows
  • 88 replies
  • 13 likes

Possible to determine available devices by IP?

HelloI have multiple connect capable devices on my network. There is a device that shows up that for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I see track progress when I play to this device so I assume it's actually on-line. It's labeled garage ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I have multiple connect capable devices on my network. There is a device that shows up that for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I see track progress when I play to this devi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

b2666011

alguien sabe como carajo puedo tener el spoty en la pc de vuelta porque ya voy intentando todo y me sale este error por 3 vez

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • alguien sabe como carajo puedo tener el spoty en la pc de vuelta porque ya voy intentando todo y me sale este error por 3 vez   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files randomly disappear from Spotify

i have this problem since ~month. My local music files just randomly keeps disappearing from local files list. Even if i add it twice or more (e.g downloads, music library and additional folder). It's really fkin annoying. And even if i'll download i...

diss.jpg
  • i have this problem since ~month. My local music files just randomly keeps disappearing from local files list. Even if i add it twice or more (e.g downloads, music library and additional folder). It'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

import local file to spotify

Hi, currently i had add a new source to spotify. i can add songs from local file to my spotify playlist. however, unable to download the song ( I'm premium user), my iphone playlist doesn't even show the title of the songs but its appear on my deskto...

• Regular
  • Hi,    currently i had add a new source to spotify. i can add songs from local file to my spotify playlist. however, unable to download the song ( I'm premium user), my iphone playli...
  • cjbeats
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to dowload all my 'saved' numbers on pc?

So I use spotify (family) everyday for at least 4 hours, on my phone and pc. But I have very annoying parents so my wifi goes off around 12 a clock at night. But I still want to listen to music on my pc. So I've downloaded a few playlists, thats grea...

• Regular
  • So I use spotify (family) everyday for at least 4 hours, on my phone and pc. But I have very annoying parents so my wifi goes off around 12 a clock at night. But I still want to listen to m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Botão aleatório não aparece no modo desktop windows

O botão aleatório do meus cliente desktop sumiu e não da de ativar ou desativar agora. Alguém sabe o por que? Minha conta é premium

• O botão aleatório do meus cliente desktop sumiu e não da de ativar ou desativar agora. Alguém sabe o por que? Minha conta é premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard shortcut hint is wrong

I'm running the desktop client (Windows 10, version 1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc). When right-clicking a song, choosing Share and hitting the URI "button" it copies the spotify uri to my clipboard just fine. However, in the hint pop-up it says:"Spotify URI c...

2017-06-16 10_53_42-Spotify.png
  • I'm running the desktop client (Windows 10, version 1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc).   When right-clicking a song, choosing Share and hitting the URI "button" it copies the spotify uri to...
  • LoganHelps
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Desktop Player randomly stops playing music

I've had spotify desktop version for over a year now. I have a premium account and have "downloaded" some of my playlists on both my phone and laptop.Starting today, the desktop version randomly stopped in the middle of a song and just wouldn't play ...

• I've had spotify desktop version for over a year now. I have a premium account and have "downloaded" some of my playlists on both my phone and laptop. Starting today, the desktop version randomly st...
  • magnusjonasson
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error with Local Files

I've had three songs from my local files in my playlist for months now, and out of the blue the songs can't be detected by Spotify. I can't seem to find the problem. The songs still work, and other media platforms can play them, but Spotify can't. An...

• I've had three songs from my local files in my playlist for months now, and out of the blue the songs can't be detected by Spotify. I can't seem to find the problem. The songs still work, and other m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10 desktop app login screen scrambled, app crashes with FB login

I just installed the Spotify Windows desktop app for the first time on my work PC. Unfortunately, I can't log in and listen to anything.When the app was installed I was presented with the attached screen. All the text is scrambled on the login screen...

• Casual Listener
  • I just installed the Spotify Windows desktop app for the first time on my work PC. Unfortunately, I can't log in and listen to anything. When the app was installed I was presented with the attache...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Summer Rewind - See You Next Summer :not working

Hi!The playlist mentioned not working. Is it some new feature like "Discover Weekly" "Release Radar" or Daily mixes ? I get only error: "Sorry, you weren't using Spotify enough in previous summers to create a Summer Rewind, but you can listen to our ...

• Roadie
  • Hi! The playlist mentioned not working. Is it some new feature like "Discover Weekly" "Release Radar" or Daily mixes ? I get only error: "Sorry, you weren't using Spotify enough in previous summers ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Release notifications no longer work via Email

First the desktop notifications get killed off, now I don't even get Email notifications anymore. It was annoying to adapt, but I could deal with it. But for over a month now I didn't receive a single Email from Spotify that wasn't advertisement for ...

• Gig Goer
  • First the desktop notifications get killed off, now I don't even get Email notifications anymore. It was annoying to adapt, but I could deal with it. But for over a month now I didn't receive a singl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app restarts windows 10 after a while of not using it.

Hi, the title explains very well what's happening. After a while of not using the pc with the Spotify app opened (doesn't matter if running an album or iddle) windows restarts.The weird thing is that only happen if i'm not using the pc. This is happe...

• Hi, the title explains very well what's happening. After a while of not using the pc with the Spotify app opened (doesn't matter if running an album or iddle) windows restarts. The weird thing is th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Not Syncing Until Client Restart

Playlists don't seem to sync anymore until I restart the client. This includes both personal and spotify generated (Discover Weekly, Release Radar) playlists, as well as daily mixes.

• Regular
  • Playlists don't seem to sync anymore until I restart the client. This includes both personal and spotify generated (Discover Weekly, Release Radar) playlists, as well as daily mixes.
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY IS NOT UPDATING

i cant seem to be able to update spotify i uninstalled it two three times and reinstalled it still when i click on the arrow with the blue point it loads but then its still not updated dont know what to do

• Casual Listener
  • i cant seem to be able to update spotify i uninstalled it two three times and reinstalled it still when i click on the arrow with the blue point it loads but then its still not updated dont know what...
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why are some music grayed out?

I have spotify premium and i noticed that some songs aren't playable. Please, don't tell me its that "Not available in your country" thing.....

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and i noticed that some songs aren't playable. Please, don't tell me its that "Not available in your country" thing.....
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Format Incompatable With Windows 7

My old ASUS laptop PC Notebook died several months ago. I had been using Windows 10 for about one year prior to that. Since that time I have purchased a Dell Latitude Model E5530 which was refurbished. The operating system for my new used laptop is W...

• My old ASUS laptop PC Notebook died several months ago. I had been using Windows 10 for about one year prior to that. Since that time I have purchased a Dell Latitude Model E5530 which was refurbishe...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic updates

Hello,I have an issue with automatic updates. I don't want them! The newest version of Spotify doesn't work on my computer and for now it doesnt't seem like it is going to change so I want to keep the older version of the program. Unfortunately, I ca...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have an issue with automatic updates. I don't want them! The newest version of Spotify doesn't work on my computer and for now it doesnt't seem like it is going to change so I want to keep ...
  • emilia_st
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Env: prod