Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't hear music on Windows desktop app

Solved!

Can't hear music on Windows desktop app

I installed Spotify on my work computer today. When I got home, I tried to play some music on my home computer using the installed Spotify app for Windows. I could see the song was playing, but I could hear anything, despite the fact that mt speakers were not muted or at low volume. My volume worked with everything else, but apparently not with Spotify.

It took me several minutes, but I finally realized there was a green bar near (or at) the bottom of my Spotify screen. When I clicked on it, I had 2 options: (1) play on computer or (2) play on @username. I can't remember what the options actually said, but it was something like this.

So when I switched to computer, everything started working again.

(1) How did this setting get changed?

(2) What is this setting for and why would I ever want to change it?

Thanks!

UM

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey unclemole,

This setting basically dictates where you want your music to play, if you have it set to 'Play on this PC' then it will play on the computer you are currently using. If you set it to play somewhere else it will play on another device that is currently logged in on your Spotify account. (In this instance it may have been your work computer).

Hope this answered your question!

Best,

Jordan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey unclemole,

This setting basically dictates where you want your music to play, if you have it set to 'Play on this PC' then it will play on the computer you are currently using. If you set it to play somewhere else it will play on another device that is currently logged in on your Spotify account. (In this instance it may have been your work computer).

Hope this answered your question!

Best,

Jordan

That makes sense. Thank you for your assistance and your prompt response, Jordan!
UM

No worries, glad I could help. If you need anything else, let me know!

Suggested posts